Spring Break, Easter, and Family Time

The Friday before Spring Break we went to Bear Lake to check on everything. It was a cold weekend. We woke up Saturday to 3 inches of new snow! It was a good weekend to be up there because we all ended up being sick. So we just chilled and hung out. It was a short trip but always nice to get away for a day or two. 


Sunday was Easter. We had a great morning! We had church at 9, so the kids waited until after. They got their baskets and went looking for eggs. It always takes longer for everyone to find all the eggs. Then we went to the Davis side for an Easter dinner and party. It was still cold outside, but luckily the rain stopped long enough we could have the kids go find their Easter baskets. 









Spring Break was great. We chilled on Monday and recovered from whatever sickness we had. On Wednesday Bryce took the day off and we went with the Jenkins to Antelope Island. Bryce found us a hike and we hiked to the highest peak on Antelope Island, Frary Peak. It was a pretty good climb and a fun hike. The kids did great, I made it. There were a few parts were the edge was a little drop-off and I always hate those parts, but most of it was a good hike. 







On Thursday Ali and I took Seth, Lucy, and Spencer to the Capital. It has been so long since I have been down there. We had fun looking at all the rooms. There was a scavenger hunt they did for a while as well. Then we went outside and had lunch on the lawn. The cherry blossoms were just coming out and it was a beautiful day. 



A few other Spring Break highlights were Abby and I completed an online cooking class. It was a healthy eating class. I enjoyed some of the new tips and a few new recipes. I would like to try it again, maybe in the summer. Grace has been sewing and prepping for Trek this summer. She found some patterns and has been working on making skirts, bonnets, and aprons. 



Sunday was General Conference and like always it was amazing!! President Nelson is getting older, it was hard to see President Nelson, President Eyring, and President Holland look so frail. But they spoke with such amazing power. I loved conference!! There was such an emphasis on covenants and our relationship with our Heavenly Father. Such a powerful reminder that we can choose to enter into a covenants with our Savior and as we keep those covenants we can expect to see blessings, miracles, and the guiding hand of our Savior in our daily life. 


That day we celebrated Easter with the Moyes side. It is our last party without Lynn and Kay. We had an egg hunt outside, but once again the weather didn't cooperate very well. It was a little windy and cold. But we had a great dinner and had fun just hanging out. We are pretty sure we left a few eggs hidden. It seems there is always at least a few that are hidden to hard and no one can remember or find them. 




Elder Moyes is doing well. He is still serving in Grand Rapids. Lex McCormick's in-laws were called to serve in the Michigan Lansing Mission. So Lex and Shelly flew out there to see them. While they were there they were able to see Elder Moyes and take him to dinner!! 

Elder Boe was transferred and Elder Moyes is now serving with Elder DeGroff from Parawon. They have a ton in common and are having a great time together. They were able to watch conference in a house that looked more like a museum. It was full of crazy memorabilia and stuff. Elder Moyes was able to go on an exchange with Elder Driggs and those two always have a good time together. Elder Moyes has less than 4 months!! He is loving the work (most days), learning so much about the gospel, and so much more. We are so proud of him. 








Bryce was able to grow out his mustache with his coworkers for Mustache March. He didn't get a lot of support from home, but he did look pretty great. Who knew he had so many colors of hair, it almost had some red in it. He puts in some long hours at work lately, but still always has time for us. He goes early and gets in his long runs. We are thankful for him and all he does for us. 

Work is going well. Vanessa told me she is not coming back next year, so that has been a little tough. I finally decided to go full-time next year. It has been such a hard decision, because I want to be home with my kids. But I did feel there is a reason why I should go full-time. We will see what happens with all of this. I want to trust my Savior and hope he has a greater plan and it is all in his hands. There are a few things I am excited about, but I will miss Vanessa so much. She has been so good to help me and I have learned so much! 

Comments