Superbowl Sunday

We had a pretty good very ordinary week. But here we go... 

On Monday I went with Spencer to Wahlquist to register for 7th grade! It doesn't seem real! I am excited for him and he has had his best school year ever. He is making some new friendships and has come out of his shell a little bit. He still seems so young, but he also seems to be growing up at lightning speed. He went ice skating on Tuesday with the skates to pass off his skating merit badge. He talked about falling, so I am not sure how good he did. But his leaders put it like this, everyone passed and performed to the best of their own personal abilities.
Then Saturday he went with the scouts to pick up the scouting for food. 

Abby had her meeting for the Europe Tour. And I can't wait for her to go, it will be awesome. They have some amazing things planned. I will miss her when she is gone, but she will have some great experiences. Drill is on cruise control and nothing much going on there. We are waiting to hear more about coaching next year and who is trying out. They danced at their last home game for the year, so its about all wrapped up. 

Grace had play practice this week and has been studying for her permit test tomorrow. Let's hope she passes first try. On Friday she went to her last Jr. High dance. She had mentioned to a friend from the play that she had never danced with a boy, so her friend told a boy from the play and he asked her to dance the last dance. She seemed to have a really good time. She is making some new friends and enjoying being a part of something. 
I had Parent Teacher Conferences this week, so it was a little bit of a crazy week, but we survived the week. School is good, it is crazy to think that we are halfway through the 3rd qtr!!  I have been teaching my primary class with Cassee (Morse) Ashcraft. They were living with Dee and Kim for about a year or so, but they just got a new place, so I got a new teaching partner today. It will be me and Jen Hanchett. I am very excited, she will be such an awesome partner. 

We are hosting the Superbowl dinner/party tonight. The Broadbents started going to the Broadbents and Moyes every other year. So they won't be here today. Bryce is a little bummed that he will be the only one who cares about the game at all. 

I gave my talk today. I was supposed to talk from 12-15 and went a little over 15. I get nervous and if I don't read word for word I get chatting. So I took more than I should have. I talked with Maggie Richards, Calvin Hibbert, and Geana Weston. She spoke on the Plan of Salvation and she was great! (I just hope I didn't short her on time). 

Bryce is good. His life is work, running, and keeping us all afloat.  Especially this week he was the best to do pick up and drop offs and all the things. He is starting to up his running a little to prepare for the Bear 100 this fall. He took Spencer skiing last night to Powder. He said Spencer is getting pretty good. They had a great night together. 
Ben is in the last week of this transfer. He has loves the Saginaw ward and serving with Elder Driggs. He doesn't know what will happen, but he is happy where he is and enjoying his mission. He is hoping they have a baptism this week, but he has just enjoyed teaching here. 

Comments