A New Year 2024

    Time really is a crazy thing! I can't believe it's 2024. Our kids are getting older, we are in a new stage, but I love it so much!! So I really don't want to forget these moments. Over the last few years, I have tried a lot of different ways to journal and document our family's life. But I think I love having more of a journal with photos. So I am going to try to commit to taking some time each Sunday to record what has been going on and adding more journaling. 

    This year New Year's Eve was on a Sunday. So we went to the Broadbent's house for dinner. We met a little later around 7 to get started. Ali had bought Chick-fil-A and Erin bought some enchiladas from Bella's. Then we had all sorts of treats and side dishes. As per tradition, we played Just Dance. It is always fun to see the kids get into it. We also played a new dice game, called Bank, that we all really liked. It was so fun. We also played Left, Center, Right, and Grant won the Prize. We all stayed up to midnight and the youngest kids banged pots and pans to ring in the New Year. 





    On Monday we took Spencer and went with the Jenkins to go shooting. We went North-West passed Corinne to the desert. We brought a 22 rifle and a Shotgun (I know there was other stuff, but this was mostly what Spencer and I shot). We brought Spencer's gingerbread house and some boxes and clay pigeons. Spencer is loving shooting and a few outdoor things right now. We had a great day. 





    The kids went back to school on Tuesday. It was back to normal life. Spencer started Hunter Safety on Tuesday. He didn't love the scary videos, but he liked the class. He has another class this week and then a shooting test on Saturday. The girls were back to regular with practices and school. 

    School is going pretty well. We got a new student in December that is a little tricky. He has some temper issues and we are trying some new things to help him be more successful in the class. I really like this class. There is another boy I am still trying to figure out how to help him stop talking ALL day, but other than that I LOVE THIS CLASS. They are such sweet kids and they sure try really hard. Year two is already so much easier and smoother than year one. But I am grateful that I am a teacher, some days are hard, but I love being with the students. 

    I also am teaching a darling primary class!! They are so cute. They are in Kindergarten and 1st grade and they have no idea when to stop talking, but they are adorable! We are also studying the Book of Mormon and I love this year of study!! Both my girls and I received a journal edition of the Book of Mormon and I am so excited to use it to deepen my study this year. 

    Ben is serving in Saginaw Michigan. He has been out 15 months and has found a great rhythm. He is a zone leader with Elder Driggs from Bountiful. He really loves his area, the ward is a bigger ward that he said makes him feel a little more like a Utah ward. 




    Today was a special day. Spencer was ordained to the office of a deacon and received the Aaronic Priesthood. It was really neat because as we met after the Jenkins family was waiting to ordain Beau to be a Priest. So we went into the same room and they ordained Beau. Then Bryce was able to ordain Spencer with Grandpa Davis, Jed Jenkins, Beau Jenkins, and Greg Fisher all standing in the circle. It was really special. When we walked out the Broadbent's were there so were able to sit in while Gavin and Grant were each ordained to a new office as well. Such a neat day! 



Comments