Missouri Trip

In January my cousin got engaged and her wedding was for August 11th.  I have always wanted to go visit my cousins family, but never have so this was the best opportunity.  It was such a fun trip, it was my dad, Jennica, Shannon, and Spencer and I.  Spencer wont remember any of it, but being only 3 months old had to stay with mom.  
We stayed in Kirksville, Missouri in the cutest bed and breakfast. The night we got to Missouri we went to the Truman museum in Independence which was fascinating. 
Then we woke up the next day and we drove to Nauvoo which was about a 2 or 3 hour drive.  There was nothing there, it felt like we were in the middle of nowhere.  But the Mississippi river was amazing to see.  We stopped at Carthage and Spencer was not very happy during the presentation, but luckily we finally got him asleep and had a personal tour through the jail.  The spirit was so strong, it was amazing.  
Nauvoo was a little different than I had expected, but it was an amazing experience.  I expected more like a This is the Place, but it was so spread out and just different.  We saw some amazing things and I am so glad I was able to go. 
The next day was Hallee's wedding.  It was a beautiful service on the beach of a lake in Kirksville.  The Bishop did such a great job.  Hallee looked gorgeous. It did make me appreciate being sealed to my family, but I really am happy for her and her husband is a great guy.  
Sunday we went to church with Evan and Nan then left to drive to Independence.  In Independence we went to the church sites there.  Jerry and Kit Jensen were on their mission there and had us over for Sunday dinner.  It was fun to see them and they showed us around a little and took us to the Independence jail.  It was really neat, but I was a little distracted because Spencer was once again having a hard time.  The next day we went to a few more place and were able to walk through the reorganized LDS church temple, which was so very different.  Then we finished by going to Trumans house.  
I had such a great time and hope to go back again with Bryce.  I loved the trip and we had such a great time together.  I am so lucky to have such an amazing family.  
























Comments