A special summer

This summer we were able to both bless Spencer and baptize Ben. It was a very special summer.
Spencer's blessing was Fast Sunday in July.  We were able to have all of our family be there to stand in the circle.  Spencer was good during the blessing, which is the one worry you always have on a blessing day.  Bryce did a great job and it was such a special day.




Then the first Saturday in August Ben was baptized.  That morning things were going well, until our girls got sick, very sick.  We were trying to decide what to do if we should go ahead with it or wait.  Ben was getting baptized with Lauren and we had split the program so we decided that it was better to just keep the girls away from everyone.  So the whole day was kinda a blur.  Bryce was conducting the program so I sat with the girls and held Spencer.  I had to take Grace out during the program and right before the baptism Abby was really sick and wanted to just lay down.  So I asked her to wait until after.  Ben was so nervous about his baptism and to go under water.  He went underwater then his toe came up I was a little worried that he would have to be baptized twice, but apparently he went under before his toe came up.  He was so happy.  Abby watched the baptism but right after laid down in the middle of the floor.  So I took her down to the coach in the chapel foyer and she stayed there for the rest of the program.  Then Grace feel asleep in my arms during the program.  Ben was confirmed in the Relief Society room after his baptism.  Once we got home the girls laid in our bed the rest of the day. While the rest of us had brownies and ice cream.  You always want those days to be perfect, but it was so overwhelming.  I don't think any of us will ever forget Ben's baptism day.




(The girls ended up being sick, really, really sick  for a few weeks it was such a long few weeks)

Comments