Spencer Davis Moyes
Spencer joined our family on Cinco de Mayo. We are so excited to have this sweet little man in our family. He has been such an angel and the kids are loving having him home.
After the dance recital we went home and got the kids to bed. That night I was asking Bryce about the plan for our kids if I went into labor. He asked if I was planning on going into labor. I told him I was ready whenever so I was just checking. We went to sleep around 11 then at 2 am I woke up and my water broke. Lynn and Kay came and stayed with the kids.
We got to the hospital and checked in by 3 am. I got my epidural which had to be placed twice since they hit a blood vessel the first time. Then after I was still feeling some pain so they had him come back to increase my dosage - and it didn't help. So they were trying to decide what to do but when they checked me i was ready to go. So this was a much more painful delivery than I expected. I felt everything and am very thankful that this was the only one I felt or we wouldn't have 4 kids.
Spencer was:
born at 4:37 am
7 lbs 4 oz.
20 inches
I vaguely remember the doctor telling me it was a boy. I was still out of it. But Bryce picked right up on it and was floating. He had a text sent to everyone by 5:15 am. He was so excited!!
We were lucky to have lots of visitors and we were even able to let our kids come and see him. Ben was so excited as well.
But it always feels so good to come home and it was no different. My kids had made a cute sign and hung balloons around it for Spencer. It was a little adjustment for the girls, but they did pretty good. Ben was just so excited. He wanted to hold him all the time.
Comments