Dance Recital

Abby had her dance recital the first week of May.  I wasn't sure if she would get nervous and not dance, but she did a great job.  That day she was very excited to get ready and go.  I asked her if she wanted to wear makeup and she wanted to know why.  I told her she sometime dancers could wear their moms makeup.  She wasn't really convinced that it was a great idea but she decided that would be OK.  Then when we went to do her hair she wanted to know why she had to have her hair look like everyone else.  I didn't have a good answer, but she finally agreed to let us fix her hair like everyone else.  So then she was all ready.

 We had to be there at 5 for a rehearsal dance.  Right before we left I realized she didn't have dinner and had to hurry and make her a sandwich.   Abby wanted to ride with Chloe, but still wanted me there.  So I was a few minutes late getting all her stuff together.  When I got there it was already a packed house.  With all the moms and girls it was crazy.  Some girls were finishing their hair and makeup, but most were eating their dinner. So Abby ate her dinner while she waited her turn.  Then when they practiced their routine she did great and was excited for the real dance.  She was a little nervous about me picking her up after the dance, but other than that it went well.

 Then when it came time for the real dance recital she got a little nervous, she didn't want to go on.  But with a little push she went on the stage and danced.  She came out with the biggest smile.  She was so excited.  There were two recital to fit everyone and the second went about the same.  But she loved it and wanted to have another dance recital really soon.  I was so happy for her.  She was so excited to see Bryce and sat on his lap for the rest of the recital.
She did great and I am so happy that she overcame her fear and danced in front of everyone. She was so brave and ended up loving it.

Comments

The Goodrich's said…
Yay Abby!! That is so great. Glad she enjoyed it and did well. She looks so pretty too, with her big-girl makeup and costume.