REALLY???


Last night for dinner we had peas, which is one of the few vegetables my kids will eat. We had been eating for about 20 minutes when Grace laughs and tells us that she put a pea up her nose. I knew we were in trouble, so I ask her, "Did you really put a pea up your nose?" Bryce says, "I don't think so she just has some on her nose here on the side." But Grace laughs and says, "Yes I did". So I go over to check her and of course she had. So Bryce and I starting thinking of the ways to get it out before we have to go to the doctor, since it wasn't too far up there. So Bryce starts with a toothpick, which didn't work. I told her to blow out hoping it would move it down her nose, but instead she kinda sniffed and the pea went up further. So then we move to the tweezers, we really thought this would work, but instead the pea just kept moving up further. So we called Lynn and Kay to see what would work. Lynn brought over something else to try and we had to hold her down to keep her still by this point because it was starting to hurt and bother her and she was starting to cry. Finally after nothing was working and we really thought we were at the last resort of taking her to the doctor we tried to have her blow one more time and out popped TWO peas!! She laughed the minute they came out and said, "I had two peas up my nose." Nothing phases this little girl. It was instantly all better and the world was perfect again in her eyes.
I seriously love her so much, but she is so exhausting!! We have been potty training for almost a year off and on. Last summer she started and thought it was great and we couldn't believe how easy she was. Then she decided she was done and that was that. So we have tried various methods since then and now I am about to the threatening method. I keep telling her that she won't be in preschool or dance if she won't go and she smiles and says "I know I need to go potty to go to school, we will decide a day that we can go." I really keep hoping that some magical day will come when she decides that it is her day and we can have no more diapers. So really it just comes down to her being too busy and it's really not that fun to her so right now it is not a priority.
That is our Gracie. She loves life and wants it to be fun, fun, fun. And usually it is she makes life exciting and fun. But in the process she can find the most creative ways to spend her time. Today I was cleaning the kitchen and apparently Grace wanted to make crafts like Ben and Abby and she thought the cupboards were a good place to display it. I was washing the counters and found that she had glued all her art projects onto the side of one of our cupboards. I had about 10 "projects" glued to the side of our cupboard. I guess she really wanted everyone to see them. She truly is one of a kind.
We sure love her.

Comments

Shiree said…
My 4 year old just glued her art to a kitchen cabinet, too! And she is ridiculous in regards to potty training. Maybe we should never get them together. :)
Shannon said…
Ha she is so funny! I just love that girl.
The Goodrich's said…
Oh my! Grace, there are no words...

I am seriously cracking up right now over her. Peas up her nose, potty training, and glue on the cabinets? Wow, Erin, I really don't know what to say except Good Luck!!
rupee40 said…
I love that girl! Send her over whenever you need a break, she always puts a smile on my face!
Irene said…
That is hillarious! but, if it were me I'd be so upset about it. So, good thing it's happening to you. I just get to magic eraser walls all day from Olivia drawing on them. And then when I find a new spot she's drawn in the living room, she'll say, "Not me! I only draw on my walls." as if that makes it better. :)