Rapunzel
For Halloween Abby was Rapunzel and Grace had a hard time deciding what to be. Finally the decision was made and she was Mother Gothel. She is constantly talking about Rapunzel and Mother Gothel. Since Halloween she will tell me "I am Mother Gothel because I am mean, but next year I will be someone nice". She was always playing as Mother Gothel and had to have a cape on to make sure she was truly playing the role of Mother Gothel. Now the obsession has shifted to Rapunzel, I guess that is the nice person we have been waiting for.
The other day she called my mom and my mom wasn't sure which grandkid it was. So of course she started asking, "Is this Abby?"
Grace says, "No!"
My mom tries again, "Is this Gracie?"
Grace answers, "No, this is Rapunzel grandma!"
Then she went on to tell my mom that she was going into Ben's room which was a pub. (Yes a pub she got the term from the book and is constantly referring to going to a pub with Flynn Rider). She also had to have her hair "as a neat braid bundled down my back" with flowers. The day before I did two braids in her hair and she informed me that Rapunzel does not have two braids but "one neat braid bundled down her back" which is word for word from the book we read.
Now I realize that this is not every morning but I would say a good 90% of the mornings go like this . . . When Bryce goes in to get her in the morning he usually has to call her by her name, like . . . "Good morning Rapunzel, how did you sleep last night?"
She will then answer "Good, I love you Flynn Rider"
Some mornings Bryce is gone already when she wakes up and I will go get her and it goes more like this . . . I will go in and say "Good morning Gracie"
Grace says, "Where is Flynn Rider?"
I answer, "He already went to work, do you want Mother Gothel to get you out of your bed?"Grace usually has to think about it before she will answer , "Yes. I love you Mother Gothel."
She is always wearing dress up clothes. Which as we have all been informed many times that princesses do not wear pants, so she never wears pants. So we just hope that the dress is modest and that she is actually wearing a dress and not just a diaper. But she rarely has "normal" clothes on. The other day she wore Abby's Rapunzel dress to pick up the kids from school. Then she had to wear it to the basketball game that night then of course she had it one again the next day to pick up the kids and Kyla asked, "Why does she always wear that?". We aren't quite sure but at the moment it is her favorite article of clothing. She won't nap in anything but a princess dress.
Grace really can make you smile all the time. She is so full of life and will make every moment count. So while at times my patience runs very thin with this exhausting full of life little girl I do look and her and remember all the wonderful things that come with childhood really are magical!! WE LOVE YOU RAPUNZEL!!!!
Comments
I love all of your Christmas post. You do the cutest activities leading up to Christmas.
I love that she calls Ben's room a pub and love, love what you guys get to wake up for!