A few big changes for my little guy


I sure do love my little guy although he's not so little any more. I can't believe where the time has gone. He is so grown up and such a big help. He is such a big help with his sisters and he treats them like the most special girls. He is always reading to them or helping them find something or whatever it is they need. They are so lucky to have him as an older brother.

The last week of school last year Ben woke up with his first loose tooth. He was so excited to finally get his name written on the tooth board. But what he was not excited for was to loose the tooth. He started to cry the morning his tooth first started to wiggle. He didn't want anyone to touch it!! So we left it alone and let it come loose on its own. That tooth stayed in his mouth for about a month. Finally one day he was playing baseball and came to show me his tooth. It was barely hanging in there. I told him to hold it and pull lightly upwards. The tooth came out instantly. He was shocked!! His eyes were huge, that was not what he expected. A few tears come when he saw that it was gone and it was bleeding. But after he realized that it didn't even hurt he was so exited to put it under his pillow.
By the end of the summer his second tooth was loose. He was once again a little nervous, but not so bad. But we waited and waited once again. Until it was so loose that one morning a few weeks ago he swallowed it. He was eating breakfast and all of the sudden realized it was gone. That is the only solution we could come up with. It's a good thing the tooth fairy was generous on the first tooth, because he didn't want to leave a note without a tooth. So we didn't do anything.
The next big change in his life was a new addition . . . his glasses. I could tell all summer he was struggling with things like the TV and stuff. So I was constantly asking what he could see and how far he could see. Finally I decided he really needed to be tested. So we took him in and I was shocked. I was pretty sure he needed glasses, but he couldn't see anything. The poor kid couldn't read the eye chart at all. So we talked about it and took him to his primary care doctor and she said to have him retested just because it's a little overwhelming for kids to be tested. So we had him tested again and once again he could barely read the large print. I felt so bad. So we went right then to order his glasses for school. He barely got them in time for the first day. It took a little adjusting but he finally is liking his glasses and wears them all the time. I think it makes him look a little older and so handsome (but I am biased:)

Ben also turned 7 this summer. We took Ben, Jed, and Abby to see Cars 2. They had so much fun. Then we went back to have cake and ice cream with our families. Ben has wanted an Indiana Jones party for months. So his cake was an attempt and the temple of doom. Then Ben likes anything his dad likes . . . sports, sports, hunting, and more sports. He is obsessed with baseball. So most of his gifts were sports related. He had a great birthday.

I'm still not sure when we went from this:

to this:

But I'm so happy to have him be my oldest and help me around the house. He is such a good boy and we are so glad to have him in our family. We love him so Much!!

Comments