Davis Family Vacation


With a crazy summer for everyone and everyone being involved in youth camps this year my family decided to have a small weekend vacation to the Cub River in Idaho. We actually missed Matt, Jen, and Corbin who couldn't make it. But we had decided sometimes you just have to do things when you can. It ended up being a blast. We just let the kids play around the campground and enjoy. My mom had prepared some crafts and the kids had a blast painting sun catchers and making boondoggles (that was a blast from the past I think the adults had a lot more fun - but the kids liked them when they were done).
We had a great big grass area behind our campground that was the perfect baseball diamond. Everyone had fun playing in the ballgame. Ben and Jed each planned to bring their Indiana Jones stuff and theyhad fun playing Indiana Jones. Our campground was right next to the water spiket and we couldn't keep the kids away they loved to play in it.




The next day we drove over to Minnetonka Cave (I knew we were going there for girls camp and really wanted to try it before I took all the girls). It ended up being a little further drive than we thought, but I think everyone thought it was worth it. It takes about 90 minutes but is so amazing. I thought I would feel claustrophobic, but it is actually so big inside.




We had a great time and really enjoyed hanging out together. There is something so fun about camping with the family. I always have loved it and hope my kids always will too.
The last night my girls got really sick. Grace woke up in the middle of the night really sick. I was so worried about the ride home. We had to drive home with them holding buckets on their laps. Luckily most of it had past during the night and we made it home. But my girls were tired.
When its all said and done I love these simple trips they make some of the best memories!!

Comments

The Goodrich's said…
I've always wanted to do the Minnetonka Cave. I never have. Your trip looks so fun-kids always have super fun camping!!
Stephanie said…
That was so fun... poor little Grace, that bug was a brutal one!