Where has the time gone?
I was so ready for school to be out three months ago. I had high hopes for this summer and now it's almost over and I am feeling discouraged. Maybe its too late and I'm too tired to be writing this post, but I decided I'm not much of a journal keeper so if I don't write it down here I won't ever remember these things.
But as I look back on our summer I hope my children look back and remember the highlights from this summer for we have crammed so much in. My favorite moments have been watching them play so well together. Ben and Abby have been so good to entertain each other. They never ask for friends to come over and I frequently find them together playing. There was one day they were playing Magic Tree House (from Ben's favorite books). Ben was Jack, Abby was Annie and they packed a backpack and went on an adventure. It was darling. I also enjoyed our time at the library at the first of the summer. They had a great time finding new books and it was great for all of us to renew our love of reading. We have had some great vacations and I always love swimming lessons. Looking back I realized we were busy and did have some great times.
But still I feel lacking, I feel like I didn't spend enough time outside pushing them on the swings or enough time playing school and teaching them to enjoy learning or enough time playing outside. So while we had no lawn and I've been a little preoccupied I hope they had a great summer.
Here is a peek at what I have been so preoccupied with. I was called as the girl camp leader and had a blast. I probably spent too much time at the computer looking up new ideas or organizing my thoughts and agenda, but it totally paid off. We had a blast and I fell in love with the young women. They are so amazing and we had a great time.
The only major problem was the amazing lighting storm that sent the girls flying out of their tents into various vehicles. I didn't think we would be able to convince them back into their tents so at 1 in the morning we piled them in the cars and drove to the cabin for a sleepover. Luckily it was the last night and not the first night.
Me taking a walk down the red carpet the last night to top off a great week.
Comments
Besides, I think with you and Bryce as parents your kids will have lots of great memories!!
Looks like camp was super fun and I love the pictures from the race.