Marathon

I'm still playing catch up, but this is one of my favorite things that happens every spring. I actually have very little to do with it, but I'm so proud of Bryce that I love it.
For 6 out of the last 7 years Bryce has participated in the Ogden Marathon. The first of the seven years was his first race ever and he completed the full marathon. Then took a needed rest then participated in the relay for two years and the half for the last three years. He is always amazing me and setting personal best. He is very dedicated and puts in the time to improve his pace and this year he ran his fastest race yet. It is hard to get up there to watch him cross the finish line, but one of these day we will load up and do it. But it wasn't this year.
But we do love to take the kids up and let them run in the Kids K. This is Ben's third year and he always looks forward to it. Then Abby has really been excited to run her first race. It actually has been cute to see the kids want to train with Bryce. Which usually means Bryce runs his training schedule, up to 10 or 12 miles on a Saturday then comes home and runs with each of my kids. Talk about patience and endurance.
Ben and Abby did great. I wore my running shoes, but neither wanted to run with me they just wanted to run with Bryce. So after Bryce completed his half he ran with Ben and Abby. Abby ran most of it and Ben was very patient running with them. They had a great time.





Comments

Stephanie said…
That is so cute, good thing they took time to stretch :)

Bryce is one of the most patient people I know, I think it is so awesome that he commits to that each year.