A 'little' update
I had some computer blogging issues lately and I could never get my posts to actually post. So I have been anti-blogging lately. Then we have just been busy lately trying to keep up with the new baseball schedule and kids end of school activities.
Ben is graduating 1st grade and will enter 2nd grade. I can't believe how big he is and how much he has grown up. He is such a good boy. I was so proud of him for getting the citizenship award this year. He loved Mrs. Nelson and she did some wonderful things with him and their class. I loved to go volunteer and spend time with the kids.
Ben is such a great little friend. He has made some good friends this year and loves to play at recess. I get a little worried because he tells me about a 'team' that he is on with his friends with one boy as the captain that really just tells them what to do. But I guess right now they are just learning how to play, exploring their options, and finding their friends. He is such a good boy and I'm sure he'll make and keep great friends.
I was able to go on his field trip to the dinosaur park and had a fun (very exhausting) time. The boys had so much energy they ran all around the park at full speed. Then they were a little bored towards the end, so Michele Koford and I had them play some games and it was great. But I couldn't believe how competitive some little boys are playing games like red rover.
This year he is playing coach pitch baseball and was very excited. Bryce and him have been practicing and he is getting good and throwing and catching. This year he even has been the catcher, which before he never would have put on the gear.
He also finished up his soccer season. By the end he was getting in and kicking the ball. On the last game Bryce told him he had to kick it 15 times and he did. He would get really excited when he kicked it.
Then of course there is always basketball going on. I told him to make a list of the things he wanted to do this summer and was surprised when basketball was not on the list. And when I mentioned it he told me it was because he was going to have one basketball every day except for when we aren't home so he didn't have to write it down.
Abby has grown up more than anyone. She is learning so much as is so much fun. She loves to hang around mom and dad. And is such a momma and daddy's girl. She is so shy when we are in groups, but at home she never stops talking.
This is Abby's first year of Tball and she is having a blast. Her team is so cute, even if they are very preoccupied with anything but the ball. Abby can hit it hard and is working hard on catching and throwing. She does such a great job. She is so happy that her cousin Chloe is on her team. They are a cute pair.
If Ben's life revolves around basketball Abby's revolves around dance!! She dances around the house all day long. Right now she listens to Tangled and my Jenny Phillips church music. And she dances like a princess. She sings full blast and dances all day. She has every word memorized to the Tangled soundtrack and dances to every song.
She has had her dances memorized for her recital for months and was excited and very nervous. Abby did a great job at her dance recital. She is always so nervous to go on stage, but once she is on the stage and the music starts she knows just what to do.
She also went fishing to the fish pond and loved it. I'm glad she had fun, because it was just us girls and I really don't love touching fish, but it was all worth this grin. By the way there were boys who wouldn't hold their fish like Abby- go girl!
Abby graduated from her 3 year old preschool and will go into 4 year old preschool. If you ask her teachers they don't know if she likes it or not. But Abby is excited to go into 4 year old preschool (even if it was a battle some days to go to preschool now I think she is ready)
Grace is at the best age!! I will take the tantrums for she totally makes up for them with all the times she makes me laugh. She talks constantly and loves the phone and to talk on the phone. She is dramatic and loving and funny and sweet and fun loving and my baby girl.
All it takes is a look at her and she will brighten your day (OK except for those tantrum moments then she gets to sit in her bed so I don't have to look at her or listen). But to share my joy here are some fun Grace photos.
My girls thought it was so great when I sister Shannon stopped by with her new baby Kael. They loved him so much and didn't want to let go of him.
I don't really trust Grace holding someone else's child for very long, and this is why . . . You never know what she is going to do.
Comments