For our anniversary / my 30th birthday Bryce and I decided to go on a cruise. It was so fun. I get a little motion sick, so I was a little nervous. So we booked a short 4 day cruise that leaves from California and sails to Catalina Island and Ensanada, Mexico. I'm so glad we did it - we had a blast.
We flew to California and caught a shuttle bus to the port and got on the boat. It was enormous. We just walked around and got used to the boat.

Then that night they had different parties and things scheduled that you could just walk around and find something to see.

The next day we docked in Catalina Island. It was so pretty and such a fun little island. It was so much colder than we expected, but at least it didn't rain.


We booked para sailing before we left and I'm so glad. I never would have done it if we wouldn't have already paid for it before. It was freezing riding around in the boat with the wind whipping around. But when we actually went up it was great. It wasn't as cold as I thought and it was so FUN!!


I told Bryce I was never scared and then we got our pictures and saw this one with my mouth wide open. So I might have been a little surprised when we actually lifted up off the ground. It was so smooth that I didn't feel scared it was just crazy to look and see how quickly you could be off the ground. At least I didn't think I was scared, but I might be a little dramatic at times.
Bryce thought the whole thing was hilarious. He was laughing at me while we were in the air.
Then we went on a hike up to the Wrigley Memorial. It was build for the owner of the Cubs who would bring the team there for spring training.


On your way up to the memorial was a botanical garden the cacti that were so big they were trees. It was really cool.


Then we had plenty of time to relax on the boat.

The next day we docked in Mexico. It was warm, but still so windy.

We went on a tour to the blow hole. And went shopping at the flee markets there.

This was Bryce's big flee market purchase - I was so proud. Now he wears it to wrestle with the kids. He already has grand plans for this years Halloween costume.

More relaxing!!

There was a 3 story high slide that all the kids went on and the last day Bryce decided that he couldn't be on the boat and not go on down the slide. So he lined up with all the kids (I mean there was no one over 12 except for Bryce) and had a great time going down the slide.

I don't know if each ship has a theme, but apparently ours did and it was Easter eggs. There were these blue colored eggs everywhere.

The sunset was so pretty. It was so cool to see nothing but the ocean all around you.

At dinner we got paired with some couples are ages. Once couple would come and leave and not say much. Then the other couple was very talkative and we got to know them pretty well. It was fun to have someone to talk to at dinner. But both seemed a little preoccupied and so in love. Well come to find out both couples were newlyweds (like 3 days and 6 days) and then there was us celebrating 9 years. I felt a little old.

We already can't wait to go on another cruise. It was so fun.
Comments