Yellowstone in the Winter

In February Bryce and I celebrated our 9th Anniversary. I can’t believe that it has been 9 years.It seems like it has flown by and yet it seems like we have always been together. I was so lucky marry Bryce. He really is my best friend and is so patient and kind. I feel so blessed everyday that we were married and sealed in the temple for eternity. He is such a great husband and father.

We were married the week after President’s day and so sometime we are lucky and our anniversary falls on President’s day weekend. Well that was the case this year. Lynn and Kay offered to take our family that weekend to Yellowstone for a little vacation. I had never been to Yellowstone in the winter and it was so fun. You can only go into Yellowstone with a tour group either on snowmobiles or on the tour bus. So with the kids we took the tour bus. I was a little worried about being on the bus with a large group of other people with 3 young kids, but they were so so good. They loved it and had a blast. We left at 8 am and returned back to the hotel at 5pm. But never once did they cry or whine. We pulled over every once in a while to look at some things, but it was a lot of time in the bus, but it was so beautiful. We went to Old Faithful, a waterfall, and some hot pots, then anytime someone saw an animal we pulled over for some photos. It was just such a different view covered in snow and a fun way to see Yellowstone.

Then the next day we went to the Grizzly and Wolf discovery center. The Grizzly bears were just wondering around when I saw them, but the wolves walk right by the window and were fun to see. When we were waiting for the bears to be fed Grace kept putting her hands in the snow and when Grandpa told her not to she got her feelings hurt and had a melt down that we were waiting for. So we left and the others stayed there. And they said we missed to coolest part (of course). They said they workers fed the bears and then let the bears out and the bears were so playful and were wrestling and it was so cool to watch. So it was a fun place to see.

It was a fun little vacation and a fun way to spend our anniversary.


















Comments