Happy Birthday Abby!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABBY!
Our fun loving little firecracker turned four last month and I can't believe it. Abby brings so much love and emotion to our house. We love her to pieces. She really is such a sweet girl. She loves to snuggle with mom and dad and loves to hold hands with her sister (who doesn't like to hold hands nearly as much as Abby). Abby is very shy and struggles being in groups, but just wants to be loved and have a little attention. She enjoys school, but mostly the parts where she is coloring or doing things on her own. She is a smart little girl who loves to learn and can write the whole alphabet. Last week at church I wrote all the letters and she copied them. I couldn't believe what a great job she did. She gets a little stressed with group play.
She is loving LOVING dance. She dances everywhere and all the time. She got to dance at one of Ben's basketball games and was in heaven. For being so shy when she goes on stage she really forgets about everyone and just dances her heart out. She is very good and it really helps her to have 'her thing'. I'm so happy that she loves it. She is my best helper and would rather help me than play most days. She loves to have mom and dad play with her and loves to play Barbies.
We love our ABBY!!!
For our kids forth birthday they get to go to build a bear with Grandma Kay and pick out their own bear. They love it. Abby was very excited and got a little help from Ben before she left about the proper way to do it and what to name the bear. But once Abby was down there Kay said she knew exactly what she wanted. She loves her bear Lily.
Abby had a great birthday that kept going and going. I felt like we needed to do a little something exciting for her birthday since sometimes she gets the middle kid syndrome. So I told her she could have a birthday party. I was thinking like inviting her cousins and going bowling or something, but Abby had something else in store for me. She wanted a sleepover. So I wasn't sure what I thought at first (not a big sleepover fan) but I figured if it was only cousins it would be great. And it was. We (and I really mean we) had so much fun. They were so cute.
We started the night off by having pizza and root beer. Then she opened presents and she loved it. She loved her presents from her cousins, a darling backpack filled with candy - what 4 year old wouldn't be in heaven. And a Tangled shirt, that she wears everyday that it's not in the wash. Grace was pretty sad that nothing was for her to open, but somehow we made it through. For one of her gifts she got a Disney sing-a-long and a Barbie movie. So first the girls danced around to the sing-a-long movie. Then I painted all the girls nails, including Grace - she didn't miss a thing. Then we watched the Barbie movie upstairs, even Ben, he acted annoyed, but really he would watch anything on a TV.
Abby knew exactly how she wanted everything so when I brought the treats up in a bowl she reminded me that each party guest was to supposed to get their own bag of treats. So after that was corrected it was a great success. The girls stayed up very late for being 4 and watched all of the movie, then luckily they went to bed really well. And slept amazing for a sleepover.
So all in all it was a great success. Oh did I never mention Bryce, oh that's right that's because he wasn't home. We didn't realize that he had a Friday night mutual activity so it was just the girls and Ben.
All the kids with their bears or turtle.
Of course the next day she crashed.
Then the next day was her birthday. It was on Sunday so she was so excited to have the Primary sing her a song. Her favorite birthday song is 'You've had a Birthday' and she was very excited when the primary sang it to her.
Before church she opened her family gifts. She was so excited to find a leapster that she loves to play with. And Bryce made her an awesome frame with the barn wood and framed a picture of Abby and Grandpa Moyes on the tractor in front of the barn. It is the sweetest picture. I love it. Then that night we had a princess cake and root beer ice cream with our family. She loved the presents and had fun with her cousins. She was very excited to open a Ken barbie to play with her Barbies, because when they dance they haven't had a prince to dance with. She loved all the gifts and loved her cake. So I think we can say it was a very great birthday!
Comments
I thought you were brave to have the sleepover. I'm glad it went so well. Molly had so much fun! Thanks for letting her come.