House Update - Month #5


We're in!! We love it so much. We have been living here for a week and love everything about the house. It feels so nice to have some room for the kids to run around and play and everyone is sleeping at night - hooray!! The first night the kids were a little nervous, but once they were asleep they did pretty well. But since then Ben sleeps through the night and has been sleeping in in the mornings. In fact he used to wake up around 7 am, now I have been waking him up at 7:40 to go to school and he tells me he wants to go to bed earlier so he can get more sleep. He told me I should put him to bed when the sun goes down so he won't be so tired. I think he's body is just getting used to all this sleep and it is so nice. Abby has also been sleeping better. Grace is getting a tooth so I'll take that into consideration and call it an overall success at transitioning to their new rooms.
The kids love the house and have had so much fun in the toy room and playing. I love the kitchen. I love to cook again. I've tried a few new recipes and have the room to make a mess. But I really love my disposal and dishwasher - a major LUXURY!! Coming from the rental kitchen to this kitchen has been wonderful. We don't have to use the kitchen table as my counter and the table doesn't have to be pulled out from the wall to sit by it.
I am very very grateful for all the work that was put into the house and it has turned out better than I had ever hoped for.
So I am posting a few pictures of the house, but we are still in the transition with boxes and things so I can only post a few of the decent ones. And we don't have anything on the wall just yet.
But to recap month five was all the finish work. The finish electrical, plumbing, doorknobs, touch up paint (which was a nightmare, but we made it through), cabinets (which was so fun to see), countertops (which made the kitchen my favorite room in the house), and all that fun stuff. Everyday was something new and more fun than the day before. We were so excited to move in and are so happy with the way it all turned out. Blake was awesome to work with and did such a great job. I am so happy with it.


The rental kitchen was very cozy, my only counter top space was always covered with my dishes.
My new kitchen has so much room for me to spread out my things. It is so fun.

An actual dining room for our kitchen table.

The family room with the big elk staring back. He actually looks good there, but a nice big chair would be nice too. (ha ha) I love the fireplace, we have already used it and it was so nice.
I really like having an entryway it makes the house feel inviting I think.
I love using my laundry room. I've never had such a functioning laundry room and it makes the chore so much more pleasant.
Our formal living room.

When I get around to unpacking a few more things and put some things on the wall I'll post some more pictures. But we are loving it in the new house and can't wait to create lots of fun memories here.

Comments

Megan J. Dawson said…
It's beautiful! I love all the colors that you chose.
Andy and Robyn said…
It is BEAUTIFUL!!! :) I love it~~I'm excited to see it 'in person'
Angie said…
SO nice! I'm happy for you guys!
It all looks gorgeous.

It was good seeing you, Shannon, and Jen over the weekend.

Mikel
Shiree said…
OOh, that laundry room and kitchen do look nice!
rupee40 said…
Erin, it is so pretty! I love it and Im sure you are loving it too. Im so glad the kids are doing good. Gavin loved Ben's book he sent with Mom.
Ty and Ber said…
It looks amazing! I'm jealous of your kitchen. I want more space in mine. Maybe someday.
Melissa said…
Ok, that is so cute! I love it! Hey I was wondering about the rental that you were in... How much do they charge and are they looking for someone to rent it?
Your house is beautiful! You should hold a friend get together there and invite me! I love looking at people's new homes! :)