The witches, the horse, and the goat!


On Friday Kay, Erin, Megan, and I took the younger kids to Gardner's Village to see the witches. It was a lot of fun. The three older girls got a paper that listed about twenty witches you had to find and then you could turn in your paper for a cookie. The girls had so much fun looking for the witches and seeing all the different witches there were. I think my girls favorite was the dancing witches or the witch stirring a magic potion. It was really cute.
There also is a petting zoo there so we took the kids over to let them ride the horse and walk through the zoo. I was a little worried about Abby, but she got right on. Erin walked around with here a few times, but by the end Abby was so proud that Erin let her ride all by herself. She loved it. I wasn't that worried about Grace because as we were watching the other kids she kept saying "neigh neigh, ride, bum". Of course meaning she wanted to ride the horse on her bum. But when we got to the horse she freaked out and started screaming. She would not have anything to do with the horse, if I tried to put her own she scream and tense up so I could not put her on the horse. So I got her off and we waited for everyone to finish.
So then we walked in the petting zoo and there was one very friendly goat. Without realizing it I had walked into the petting zoo with Grace's leftover lunch in my bag hanging on the stroller. So these goat wanted our food really bad. She he started following us, so I grabbed the bag then he started trying to put his nose by Grace's bum. (come to find out she had dropped some french fries under her bum and he was sniffing them) Anyway it really upset Grace and so I finally took her out to calm her down. Soon after I took Grace out I was watching Abby walked around holding her witches paper. Well our friendly little goat walked right over and pulled the paper right out of her hand. She had no idea what was going on. Erin being the country girl she was walked right over to the goat to grab the paper. He didn't want to give it up. She had to hold the goat by his horns and pull it out of him mouth. He got a big portion, but he got to keep that part. Luckily it was Erin and not me. Abby was so upset. Then after that I think they decided it was time to take them all out, but Abby was frozen in her spot. She didn't dare walk past the goats anymore. She was bawling and frozen stuck in place just watching the goats walking right by her. It was so funny. It only lasted like a minute or two, but it was so funny!!
That night for dinner the girls couldn't stop talking about it. It was a crazy dinner conversation they keep talking and talking about it. We finally got out the camera because we were laughing so hard. Even now two days later when I picked Grace up from bed this morning her first words were "Goat, neigh-neigh, No no!!"









Comments

The Goodrich's said…
That was a good laugh! Molly didn't stop talking about it that night either...in fact, we had to call Justin on the phone just so Molly could tell him about Abby's paper getting eaten.

Good luck with the move!
Andy and Robyn said…
I love Gardner Village this time of year! I didn't know they had a petting zoo-we'll have to check that out next year! :)
Erin said…
I am laughing right now thinking about the goat.
Stephanie said…
I LOVE that story! Cute pics.