House Update - Month #4
So a lot was accomplished during the month of September. The brick was finished, which looks great. It was exactly what we wanted. Then the stucco was finished on the front gables and back of the house. And the driveway and porch were finished. The finish work was done on the exterior and it looks like a real home.
Inside of the house took on a real transformation with the paint being on. I was so excited about the paint. Bryce and I decided to try something a little different and used grey paint. I'd been looking at some pictures and found some pictures I loved with grey paint and we thought we'd use it. Well after the painter started I started to get really nervous that it would be awful and I got really nervous that I painted the whole house a terrible color. But it was better than I hoped for, I couldn't be happier. It is gorgeous. It has a "gold hue" which softens the color (thats what we were told). But whatever it was, it turned out great. The trim is a real white which adds such a great contrast. Our builder Blake has been so awesome and the trim looks so great around the windows and doors it adds so much to the character of the home. Also inside they laid the tile and wood floor. It is really coming together and we are so happy with the results.
We can't wait to move in and couldn't be happier with the house. It's more than I ever thought I would live in. I still can't believe that's it's ours. We really have been counting our blessings for it is truly a blessing that this has worked out so great. We are so lucky to be living in our dream town and by all our families. We feel very spoiled, so I guess where much is given much is required.
Comments