craft'S'


I have a white board that I use to write my TO DO List each day. So lately Ben has been adding his own ideas to my list. Items like make a Halloween flag, make an ABC story book, and other crafts. So Sunday being conference he wrote make crafts for his TO DO item. I had actually been in town the day before and bought some things to help Ben make his own TO DO List so I thought this was the perfect chance to help him. I had found this cute idea on my cousins blog that I decided to adapt for my kids. I bought some cheap frames from the DI, then we painted them and put scrapbook paper inside to make their own TO DO List.
So we watched the first session of conference (which they actually did pretty well) and then during the middle we started our craft. It took till the end of the second session to finish the craft, (only because I ended up needing to sand off the original paint on the frames) but I thought they turned out cute and the kids liked them.
So I told Ben to clean up so we could go to Grandma's for dinner. He gave me a very serious look and said, "Mom did you look at what I wrote it said 'craftS' - I'm not done." So apparently one cute craft will not make up for the multiple craftS he intended. So he whipped up a few paper crafts and we called it a day.



But now I can't get my kids to stop making crafts. Don't get me wrong it great for their imagination and they are being very entertained, but I'm going through trees by the forest full. We have used so much paper I would really hate to keep track.
Ben went to his cousins Jed's the other day and they made haunted houses out of sacks, so now we have broadened our horizons and incorporated the sacks to our daily crafts. We have haunted houses, hotels, and castles.





The kids did decide since all my decorations are still packed away somewhere they would take it upon themselves to decorate our house. Ben even posted a BEWARE TO BE SCARED sign on our door, for all who may enter.



So the creativity juices are flowing over at our house and we have one spooking Haunted Halloween house to prove it!

Comments

Melissa said…
That is too cute! I love the to do list. I understand about having everything packed up. I am not even sure what I own any more.
The Goodrich's said…
I love catching up on your blog posts. Molly is also into the crafting thing all day everyday. Just knowing how much paper we go through in one day I can't imagine how much you guys go through! Wow!

Love all the pictures of camping and the zoo as well. Especially the one of Grace and Abby holding hands.

We'll get up and see you guys someday soon. It feels like it's been forever...can't wait to see your house. I can't believe how close you are!
Jake and Alayna said…
Your kids are so cute! Your to do list frames are so darling! What a fun idea:)
Angie said…
I think I may copy that "to-do" list idea...that is so cute...and it's got 2 of my favorite things: making lists and stuff from the D.I. :)