School
I have been reading other blogs and am starting to feel bad that I don't feel bad or sad. As I am reading other post about school starting I realized that maybe I should be sad that Ben has gone to school, but I don't. Ben loves school and everything that comes with it. He was so excited, so I was too. I didn't get sad when I took him the first day I was way excited for him. So should I be feeling bad about this?
I love it when he comes home and wants to teach us what he has learned. He is always singing new songs and I love it. He loves to sing and has a great memory to bring the songs home and teach his sisters. He also has enjoyed learning his math. His teacher is totally wonderful and makes it so fun for him to learn. Last Sunday Ben wanted us all to do something with him. He got all the papers ready and taught us math "partners". Which is all the ways so add to a certain number, like 0+4, 1+3, 2+2 all equal 4. He sat with Abby for over an hour teaching her the little poem he learned and how to move the numbers around to equal the same number. He was so excited and she loved all the attention and loved to learn. He loves to praise his sisters when they learn something new. So he gave her a lot of positive feedback, like "good job Abby" "way to go Abby" or "that was really good Abby". It was so cute to watch.
The only little problem we have had is morning time. He is having a hard time getting used to the schedule. When I woke him up last week he rolled over and asked, "why do you keep doing this to me?" I felt so bad. But he rolled out of bed and was fine after that.
Abby loves school, but hates to go. When I take her to drop her off she goes in fine, then turns around and tells me she's scared. She never cries just tells me not to leave. It takes me a few minutes to drop her off, but then she is fine and she always loves it. When she gets out of school it is so cute. She has the biggest smile and comes running full speed to me. She loves to show us her work and is so proud of the new things she is learning.
Abby loves numbers. The other day I was showing her some things I wanted to put into her new room and one of the things was word boards. So I was thinking vinyl words like happy, joy, create, imagine, etc. So I asked Abby what her favorite word was and she told me "eighteen". I was taken a little off guard so I asked if she had another favorite, and she said, "maybe fifteen." What three year olds favorite words are numbers. She loves numbers and loves when Ben teaches her more math.
School has been great for her to have something to do to fill the time. She has been so much happier and trying hard to be a good little girl. Abby has loved our one on one time when Ben goes to school. But she loves school to break up her day. It has been such a blessing to have some extra time together and for her to have something that is just for her. I'm so glad that she is liking school and hope she will make a friend to make it a little easier to go into the classroom.
Comments
And I love, love, love your house! I think I want one just like it. :)