House Update - Month #2


We are now into the house two months. In some ways it has gone by fast with the summer being so busy, but in other ways it seems to drag. Living across the street is both fun and frustrating. I love watching the progress when it is moving quickly, but some things are just slow and it is hard to watch that and just be hoping to be living there soon.
I can sum up month two by one word . . . framing. The framing really has moved fairly quickly, but the roof is pretty big at it took such a long time to get the plywood on it. We started the month off by having a few exterior walls up in the back of the house and ended the month by having all the interior and exterior walls with a roof, and with some rough plumbing work started. It was amazing to see them put the trusses on the house and cover the roof, I must say that I am very glad that someone is doing it. It looks like a hard job and it has been so hot to add to their pain. My kids love to watch them work and had a blast watching the crane put on the trusses.
It is great to see our house take shape. It is fun now to visualize what each room can be and the potential of our house. I really love the floor plan and am way excited to see each new step. We are glad it's coming together so well and can't wait to see it done.






Having a blast watching the crane put on the trusses.










Comments

Shannon said…
It is looking so good. I can't wait for you guys to move in.
Sidney Cottle said…
wow erin....it looks like it's going to be such a nice house! that's going to be great for you guys. so exciting!!