Grateful for Friends
Last summer my close friend Erin and I got together and vowed we would be better about getting together more often. Now one year later we finally got together again. But I read a quote that I love that said something to the effect of "A true friend is someone you can go months or years without seeing and when you do see each other it's like old times" And that is how I feel about my friends. I am terrible about keeping in touch with everyone, but I love to see them. I am so glad that most of my friends have blogs, so even if I don't see them we can follow each other. I am lucky to have great friends.
So this year we decided to have a picnic with the kids. Since she lives in Sugarhouse we decided to meet in the middle at a park in Kaysville. We had a great time catching up and seeing each others kids. The kids were great and had so much fun together. Ben and Avery were the best. They helped watch the younger kids and had a great time playing. Abby was great, until she was ready for a nap (which she never naps anymore - but of course she wanted a nap that day) so she was not happy for pictures.
But Grace was a little trouble maker. She had a great time at the picnic, she was into everything. We ate in the shade of a tree and Grace started by just eating her lunch, then of course she found the mud surrounding the tree. So I got a wet wipe and had to wipe her down. Then she followed the older kids over to feed the ducks and she was the only one who put her hand through the fence to put her hand in the mud. So when she pulled her hand out she flipped the mud off her fingers and it got all over her clothes. So I took her shirt off and left her in her onsie. Finally I was so exhausted from chasing her around, I'm sure I looked a mess. So we started to pack up to leave. Abby had a melt down and I walked away to have her follow me and she started running around yelling like crazy. So I stopped and got her to calm down and then I look over and Grace found the water fountain - which was leaking and had a huge mud hole on the side that Grace fell into to. I was thinking "ARE YOU KIDDING!!" I am sure I was such a sight. If I would have been thinking I would have taken her picture, but I was completely overwhelmed. So she rode home in her first muddy shirt I had taken off and a pair of Abby's shorts I had in the car (by chance). So when we got home I finally took a picture of Grace's clothes - a disaster.
After it was all over and it was one of those crazy mom days I am so thankful that I have a great friend like Erin who still want to go places with me.




Comments