What we've been waiting for . . .


I feel like we have been talking about this for such a long time. And finally it has begun. Last fall we made the decision to sell our home and move into the family rental while we build a new house. The plan was to start building about the time we moved into rental, but things never go exactly as planned. So now about 2 1/2 months later we are starting to build.
On Ben's last day of Kindergarten I woke him up for school. But all I needed to say was "the tractors are here to dig our hole" He jumped out of bed and ran to the front window. We watched all day as tractors dug the hole for our house. Horray!! It was very exciting to be across the street and watch the progress.
Now in the short amount of 2 weeks they have poured the footings and foundation and are filling the hole. I'm so excited. I'm anxious to see walls and see what our house will look like. We have made quite a few decisions and now for sure of somethings we want, but there are still many decisions to make.
Then today the barn came down. Ben kept telling me how sad it was. While it was sad to see the barn go down, it needed to and now it won't be in the way and it will be much safer. So I can't wait to see it all come together.








Comments

Jennica said…
Yea! I am so excited your house is started. Congrats!