While the boys are away . . .
The girls will play.
I was feeling bad because my kids want to play outside and it is yet another wet cold raining day. I usually love the rain, but I am so sick of being inside. And I was realizing that we have had very few good warm spring days.
With Ben at school in the afternoon and Bryce at work we love to go outside and play. My girls love to be outside playing.
But on those warm days my kids have loved to be outside. If you ask them about our house we are living in they think it is great. They live right next to their Grandpa Moyes and Grandma Kay and they can easily walk to Grandpa and Grandma Davis' house. But what is the next best thing . . . the backyard (or their grandparents backyard).
Abby and Grace could play outside all day long. Even last night while it was raining Abby wanted to go swing. So Bryce took her outside to show her it was raining and well she loved it. She was running around and having a blast. She would play outside no matter what. Abby loves to go outside and jump, swing, play t-ball or soccer, swing, run around, swing, play in the playhouse, swing, play in the sandbox, or SWING. And most of it she will play by herself, except to swing. She needs someone to push her. But it is her very favorite activity.
So while we have been inside for what seems like forever, I know the sun will come back and we are waiting for it. And then we can go back out and play.
Comments