My Wonderful DAY!!!
We have had so much fun the last few weeks, we have been very busy. Lots of fun things going on with the end of school and summer around the corner. But today was a great day. Not only were my kids really good today, but everything just went well. I love those days.
This morning we spent the morning exercising and dancing around the house to Mickey Mouse music. My kids even listened when I asked them to clean up their toys and were just so fun. It was such a great day. Lately we have all been so tired and sleepy that we have been a little grumpy so it was so nice to all be happy.
Then for Family Home Evening we talked about helping around the house and doing chores. We are in need of something to motivate them to help around the house a little more, especially this small house. My kids were really excited about the new job charts. Sometimes you just need a new fresh idea to make chores exciting again. They are excited to wake up tomorrow and see what chores they have to do. You know it won't last forever, but a little excitement is always good.
So in addition to the chore chart we have started a new "good girl" or a "good boy"chart. Abby was so good today, if I asked her to do something and she started to whine I would give her a warning and she would stop right then. She has loved to play outside and play soccer, so I made her a deal. If she can be "good" for seven days, then I will buy her her own soccer ball. So to be "good" means you get three warnings a day as a reminder to listen to mom and dad, then after three you loose your sticker for the day. After they have earned seven stickers they win a prize. Anything from a bike ride or treat to a date night. The kids were so excited about it.
So what could make a day like that better . . . a new house. OK the new house is a few months down the road, but we are one step closer to building our new house. The lender called today and scheduled our loan closing for tomorrow. I AM SO HAPPY. It took such a long time to get everything in to the lender and get the approval. So after two months in this smaller home their is an end in sight. We are hoping that we can start digging the hole this week.
What a Great Day!!!
Comments