Simple Pleasures
What would it be like to have the cares of a young child. One of the things that makes me so happy is to see my kids play together. They are so sweet and fun. It is so rewarding to have them play together.
So this morning when it was freezing cold they wanted to go outside and chase the birds. At first I thought no way it's freezing. Then really what harm could it do. They were only outside for about 45 minutes, but they had so much fun. They were trying to catch a bird to have as a pet. Yes, and they were in there pajamas the whole time. But really had a blast.
Then Grace is finally old enough to play with Ben and Abby. Grace doesn't follow all the rules of proper playing etiquette, but I guess enough that she hasn't been banned, yet. So she is in heaven playing with Abby and Ben. She loves to be a part of anything that is going on.
I am so glad that they can play together and use their imagination. That is what a childhood should be . . . playing and playing some more. So I am very grateful for the simple pleasures of childhood.
Comments