A different kind of Saturday


My kids had the best day yesterday. Living next to their grandparents has created a whole new kind of Saturday. Bryce and Lynn worked hard doing some yard work and tearing down an old fence. So my kids were so excited to go to the dumps with dad and grandpa. Then to top it off grandpa used the tractor to tear down the old fence posts. They thought that was so cool.

My kids were memorized by grandpa's tractor. It was so cute to see them watch him work in the yard. They just loved to watch what was going on. But the real question was when did they get a ride. Ben was going crazy and wanted a ride so bad.

So after what seemed like a lifetime to Ben grandpa gave each kid a ride on the tractor. I wish I had a close up of each of their faces as they climbed on the tractor, I don't think they could have smiled any bigger.
Poor Grace had to watch from the sidelines and just wave hello.
Abby also had fun playing in the grass and I just thought she looked so cute:

When we had to go inside the kids were so sad. But Grace recovered quickly when I gave her some goldfish to eat on her chair.

And today I tried a new way to fix Abby's hair and it went much better. She looked so pretty.

Comments

rupee40 said…
I remember getting tractor rides with Grandpa when we were little and it was my favorite thing ever! That is so fun that they get to be so close.
Abby's hair looks darling. I can't believe the girl did that, though! But Im sure it will grow quick and she does look so cute no matter what.
Jake and Alayna said…
I love the new way you fixed Abby's hair, it's adorable! I bet she'll love it shorter for the summer:) It's amazing how mesmorizing tractors can be to little kids, Tractor was one of Gunnar's first words! What a fun Grandpa to take them all on tractor rides:)
Megan J. Dawson said…
Shannon told me that the lady didn't even ask if you wanted her to have bangs! I can't believe she would do that. But Abby still looks so beautiful!
Erin said…
Reading your post made me kind of jealous. I love Saturday' when you just hang out. I am with Ali and remember loving it when Grandpa Moyes gave us tractor rides.
Ty and Ber said…
So much fun! What a great day.
The Goodrich's said…
I started to say the same thing that Ali and Erin did...I loved riding the tractor with Grandpa. It was always so exciting.