An April holiday bring lots of smiles


I love holidays. I think I have always loved holidays, but now having kids they are even better. Everything is so exciting and fun. So on March 31st we are eating dinner and Bryce tells Ben "tomorrow is a holiday". I'm thinking 'what is he talking about?'. Then he tells Ben that it is April Fools Day. Well if you know me then you'll know that I more serious and struggle with things like April Fools day. In fact Bryce told me that he was talking to a co-worker and she asked him if he was going to play a prank on his wife and he told her no way. I think he tried to scare me once when we were first married and I was so scared and upset he never has since. I really don't like unpredictable things. Anyway so back to our dinner conversation. Bryce goes on to tell Ben some of the jokes he liked to play on people, like telling his mom that there was a spider on her shoulder and dumb things like that. So I didn't think that much about it.
Well the next day we are having a regular morning and Ben is coloring all sorts of pictures. Then he comes over and put something on my back, I could tell he was trying to be very sneaky so I pretended not to notice. Then he said, "mom there is a spider on your shoulder." So I look over and what do I find, a little black and red spider drawn by Ben. I acted very shocked while he laughed and laughed.
So I realized that we needed to do something to surprise Bryce since he was the once who told the kids about this holiday. So we got online and searched for some pranks. Most were ones that I knew I couldn't do (they were just mean). So we found a very innocent and easy prank. So I had the kids make their own confetti and we set it up over the door to drop on Bryce when he got home. Ben and Abby were so excited. So when Bryce got home we all ran to the hall and hid with our heads poking out (very sneaky). So when Bryce came in he did a great acting job and stepped right into our prank. He was very impressed that I even attempted a prank on Aprils Fool. (probably my first prank ever).
Kids just make everything more fun. It was such a silly thing, but they thought they were so clever and were so funny. So why not let them believe that is as wild and crazy as they thought.

Comments

Jake and Alayna said…
Wow, you've been quite the blogger lately! I can't believe Grace is already feeding herself! Wasn't she just a baby yesterday? I love the April fool's joke, so cute! It's fun seeing how excited kids get about holidays. I'm glad the kids did good with the move. I'm sure it helps being so close to both sets of grandparents. We're sure glad to have you guys closer:)
rupee40 said…
Thats so funny! Holidays are so much funner with kids. Gavin doesn't really even understand and I still get so much more excited for every little thing. I loved all your pictures and hope Abby had a very happy birthday! I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you!