Already Three



I can't believe how fast time flies by. Abby turned three in Feb. I don't even know where the time has gone. She loves being three just like her cousins. She was so excited for her birthday. I think she gets that from Ben. He gets so excited for any holiday, birthday, or a reason to party. So he really talked up her third birthday. The night before Abby's birthday I took Ben shopping to a dollar store to buy her presents. And it might sound cheap that Ben can only buy gifts from the dollar store, but it is because he told me his sister was so special that she needed five presents from him. (And when it's Dad's birthday Ben thinks he is special, but probably will only get three gifts from Ben) So we went to the dollar store and Ben picked out five perfect presents for Abby.
So on Abby's birthday she slept in, so Ben had enough time to wrap her presents. He couldn't wait to give her the presents.

So when she woke up we opened her presents. She loved the gifts from Ben and opened them very first. He gave her a princess puzzle, a Care Bear coloring book, a tootsie roll, a jump rope, and a

Abby made sure she gave her big brother a big hug to tell him Thanks.

Grace was too hungry to wait till we opened presents so she fed herself while we watched Abby open her gifts.

Abby is starting to play more "real life" pretend. So she was really excited for her food to use with her kitchen and serve with her dishes. She even tried a few foods out to see if they tasted OK.

But she really liked her scooter. Ben got a scooter when he was five and Abby loves to play outside and watch Ben ride his scooter. She had one, but it was kinda hard to turn and use, so she was so excited for a big girl scooter.
She was excited to have our family come over that night to have a party. She loved all her new princess stuff. She had a great party with lots of fun gifts.

Then for her cake she has been asking for months for a Goofy cake. I had no idea what I was going to do, I try to do cakes, but I'm not very good. But lucky for me Bryce freehanded a great picture of Goofy and decorated the cake. She was so so excited.

But the real highlight came when for her ice cream we had root beer floats. She was in heaven. She loves root beer ice cream and was so excited. It made her night.

We love Abby so much. If your around her very long you will know that she is hard not to love. There is no way to explain what she is like, she is just so funny.
She is totally her own little person, no one will ever sway her away from what she believes. (which can be so frustrating at times - like potty training) She is very persistent and determined. The other night we were having dinner , ravioli, which she likes. But she didn't want it for dinner so she started to cry. So we sent her to her bed until she was ready to come and join us for dinner. She went to her room and cried then stopped. She came back out to the kitchen and we asked her if she was ready to join us for dinner. She said "no, I need to cry one more time then I will come and eat." So that is just what she did. She walked in her room sat on her bed and gave a good fake cry for a minute then stopped walked back to the kitchen and sat down and ate dinner. She does things on her time schedule and when she is good and ready.
She is just so funny. I don't know where she gets her ideas from. Her favorite place to rest is hanging off the side of my end table. And every morning she will tell me that she is not hot anymore and for the next hour or two she will walk around without a shirt. So for now I don't fight it and just let her walk around for a while until she is ready to get her clothes on. Then she won't do it again until the next day.
So while she can push my buttons and can be so stubborn. We love her more than anything. And one day I think I will appreciate that she won't let anyone push her around or talk her into anything. So as long as taking her shirt off only last for a little while (and it's only at home) I guess the only thing I can do is laugh about it.
So Happy Late Birthday to my little Princess!!!

Comments

Megan J. Dawson said…
I was cracking up about the crying/dinner moment! She knows what she wants. What a fun girl.
lynn moyes said…
We love everything about Abby. She makes us so happy. She truly is a little princess.