Our crazy life. . .

In one word I can tell you what my life has consisted of for the last month. . . MOVING. That means for a month I have been packing boxes, undecorating, decluttering, moving, unpacking, organizing, decorating, sorting, more decluttering, and more decluttering. This picture is my kids playing in the boxes while we had boxes all over our house. They thought they were just extra toys.
But while we were busy packing life doesn't slow down so this is my kids enjoying the last few days to play at our old house.


My nephew Beau who really liked to wear Abby's hat. Isn't he adorable?

Eating their last breakfast in our old house.
Yet finally (HORRAY) we are finally settled (as much as you can be when your home is only going to be your home for 6 months). Moving into a smaller home has presented its own set of trials. We have left a lot of our belongings boxed up and in the garage ( ie - all winter clothing, any non essentials, and most dishes, since I have to hand wash what dishes we use) But to be honest it has been almost fun (almost). I think my kids play together a little better because there is no where else for them to go. Yesterday they put together puzzles on my kitchen table for an hour and a half while I made dinner, we sang songs and my kids talked about nothing non stop. OK we have had our bad moments - like every hour in the middle of the night for the first week as they woke each other up sharing their one bedroom. But I'm trying to remain positive so the next six months don't drag on for too long.

We are getting very excited to build our new house. While living here as been good, we will definitely appreciate our new house.



Comments

Megan J. Dawson said…
Moving is so hard! Especially with little kids, I hope things go quickly with your new house. Good Luck!