What a week!
While I'm typing Bryce is asleep on the couch with Abby in his arms asleep. Grace is asleep in her bed and Ben is watching a movie. What luck you might be thinking, but think again. They are all asleep because we have had a killer flu. OK maybe not killer, but it has wiped out my family. We are starting to feel a little better, but it hit each of my kids hard. Then Bryce came home early from work feeling sick. I will be so excited for spring to come and flu season to be over. This has been our worst "sick" winter ever. We have had someone sick about every 2 or 3 weeks since early November. And with all this sickness Grace has been teething. Grace is now showing off 4 new teeth. Oh and did I mention that we sold our house in the middle. WOW!! What an eventful few months.
But other than our sick winter we have had some fun.
Grace is loving her new toys from her birthday. The car was a big hit and the best part is Ben loves to push her. So I have two kids entertained at once. Look at these happy faces. . .
She is so fun. The teething has been a nightmare and she was not sleeping well, but when she is happy - she is so happy. She is such a funny girl. She is such a good eater the other night I made meatballs and Grace ate almost FOUR, while Ben and Abby had to be begged to eat two. But as much as she loves to eat she loves to spread it around her hair, clothes, tray, etc. But it makes her so happy.
Abby is one of a kind. She is always surprising me and making me laugh. The other day I walk downstairs and she was resting on my end table, not asleep, just resting. She "rested" for about an hour. She thought it was so fun.
Then a few days later I come downstairs and she doesn't have her shirt on. I asked her if she wanted to put it back on and she told me that she didn't need it because she wasn't cold. Apparently you don't have to wear clothes if you are warm. She is so funny.
Abby loves to have some one on one time. My kids can earn play money then buy different "prizes" and Abby saved for about a month to earn an ice cream date with mom and Grandma Davis. She wanted to have Root Beer Ice Cream. She had so much fun and was so cute. She showed my mom her dance moves in the middle of the aisle. She won't stop talking about it now. She can't wait to save up and go again.
For Christmas Abby received a Barbie book on how to fix her hair from her Great Grandma and Grandpa Davis. She loves it. She can't fix Barbie's hair but she loves to look at the hair styles. So the other day she brought me the book and wanted her hair fixed like Barbie. It didn't look that great, but she loved it!!
Abby helping me put Grace to sleep. Grace loves milk, but only if it comes from a bottle. Not sure what to do about that yet.
My kids love to have picnics and since it's been a little cool outside we have to have our picnic's inside. Grace just carried her food around and finally had to be put into her high chair, but Abby loved it.
Making Dad Proud. . .
So even if we are sick right now I know we will be having a blast again soon. I am so glad I'm able to stay home with my kids and enjoy all the fun, crazy fun things they do.
Comments
Love all the pictures. One of my favorite things about being a parent is watching my kids grow and learning new things everyday.
Your kids are so lucky to have such a good mommy!