Our home is under Contract

I'm so excited. It is such a relief to know that our house is under contract. So now we just have to make it through inspections and the appraisal.
Last Thursday I was babysitting Justin and Lindsy and we had a Realtor come show our house to a couple. I wasn't sure what they thought of the house, but I guess they loved it. They sent an offer the next day. It wasn't a great offer, but we sent a counter on Saturday. Then Monday night they called with a new offer. We were getting ready for Grace's birthday party so we talked to the agent and told him we would get back to him Tuesday. Then we talked it over and decided to go for it. The couple is pre-approved and renting. They are in a lease until April 1st so we have 2 months to get everything in order and move. I just can't believe how well this worked out. Of course we didn't get exactly what we hoped for, but I will not regret our decision to accept the offer and walk away with a sale. Now I just have to hope that there won't be any problems with the appraisal and inspection. (which I really don't think there will be)
I just feel so happy that it has worked out so well. I am so sad and a little scared to leave our ward, but I know the 6th ward is great too. So while I'm so excited to sell, the emotions of moving will set it soon. But for now I just have to enjoy the feeling of knowing that this all could be done and no more showings, just a sold house - Horray!!

Comments

Melissa said…
Oh Erin that is so exciting! I hope everything goes well for you guys. We had the same things happen in November and they back out at the last second. Dang it! All well I hope that goes well! Good luck1
Megan J. Dawson said…
I'm so happy for you guys! But my Mom is so sad you won't be in her ward anymore!
rupee40 said…
Congrats!! I am so excited for you guys. Mom just told me today. That is so great. Im sure everything will work out perfectly.
Happy Birthday Gracie! I can't believe she is one and sooo wish we could have been there to celebrate with everyone! Looks like she had a great day!
Precious Cargo said…
Erin I am SOOOOOOOO excited for you guys and I will sure miss you BUT promise me we will stay in contact over dinner at CHilli's until 10 at night. Grace is so dang cute your kids kill me every time I see them.......Congrats!!!
Shannon said…
I am so glad it sold and is working out so well for you guys. Wish we could have bought it.
Erin said…
We are so excited for you. Grace is such a sweetheart and we just love her.
Jake and Alayna said…
Yay! SO excited for you guys! Can't wait til you're in our ward! I was just reading some of your past posts. I can't believe Grace is already one! That sure went fast! I read your post about the RS enrichment on preventing emotional burnout. Wasn't that the best ever, it was definitely life changing for me. She's going to be on studio 5 on the 23rd.
Anyways, we really need to go to dinner soon!