My terrible morning
I usually don't blog this early or when my kids are running around wild, but I had to get this out. Today has been a very bad morning. Yes it is only 8:20 am, but still I have not had a good morning. Abby woke up at 6 am then went back to sleep until 6:45 when she woke up for good. Then within 5 minutes Grace was awake, then another 5 minutes and it was Ben. 7 am isn't my favorite time for my kids to get especially when they are all still trying to recover from being sick. They really need to catch up on some lack of sleep. So now all three kids are awake and it's not even 7 am. So we go downstairs and watch Curious George. Nothing bad can happen when they are watching TV on their own couches. So we were all OK until the show was over and I asked Ben to turn the TV off. Abby runs ahead of him to turn it off. So Ben starts to cry. So I asked Abby to apologize and she cries for the next 5 minutes because she doesn't want to tell him she is sorry until after breakfast. Finally I held her and got her to say she was sorry. So one fight resolved. Then we go upstairs to eat breakfast. Grace won't let me leave the room or set her down in her highchair without throwing a fit, so of course she starts crying when I put her in her chair. Then Ben and Abby both want to sit by me, so I tell them where we can all sit to sit by each other and they all start to cry. Abby didn't like her seat and Ben didn't want his seat. So this went on for a few minutes. I tried to reason and come up with a new solution, but I finally lost it. I took both kids to their beds and told them to go to sleep or come down when they could be nice. Grace was crying like crazy because she was now in her chair and all alone. AHHHHHH!!! It took a few minutes for the crying to stop, but finally Ben came down all put together. Abby came down and still was not quite ready to be nice. With each kid in a chair at least one seat away from me we finally did have our breakfast. And all this before 8 am. Oh what fun.
So each kid had to go around the table and tell everyone why they loved them and one good thing that happened that morning. Poor Ben couldn't think of a single reason why he loved anyone and Abby had nothing good happen to her this morning. But with some help they each were able to say something nice. And our morning now is moving along with a little less emotion and hopefully we can make it through the rest of our day.
The joys of being a stay at home mom . . . I really do love it (most days)!!
Comments
Jake told me that you guys will be closing this week- how exciting! Congrats!
Again, what a good mom and I've always admired you for your patience.