My kids

So I have been accused of neglecting my Blog and leaving Bryce's Elk post up too long (which is very true and it must be bad if Bryce agrees and he even told me to blog the other night). So I must say I have had a few other things on my mind and have consumed my "to do" list. But finally I have decided that I will never finish my "to do" list. So I'm sure that everyone has given up on me and never checks this blog anymore, but I'm actually going to blog again.
So here we go . . .
Ben has finished his first quarter of Kindergarten. He loves everything about it. He loves school and learning in general. He is always asking me when we will have school at home. He loves Halloween and he loved loved loved to draw ghosts, bats, Frankenstein, witches, and pumpkins. So we went through a few packs of paper and had more pictures and drawings than you can imagine. So then he decided to make a library. He would draw pictures on a few pieces of paper then staple them together, then start over. I bet we ended up with at least 50 or so. I looked at one and added my own words as I "read" it and Ben let me know that these were picture books and they didn't have words. He told me that in very small print on the front page it said "no making up your own words". So I was put in my place. He told me some books don't have words just pictures. He is so creative. He could spend all day making "crafts" and "projects". He gets kinda bored with toys, but he loves to draw, color, create, or anything like that.
Ben played soccer this fall and had a great time. This was his first year and he was really getting good by the end. He is not very aggressive so he usually he would just follow the crowd. He would get so excited when his team scored. He would jump and down and yell. In the spring he will play again, so hopefully he will be excited.

Abby is going through a very difficult stage. I am struggling with how to handle her terrible two stage. She has always been a drama queen, but now she yells at everyone and everything. When she wakes up she can be so cute, but then Ben says hi and she just screams at the top of her lungs. All day long she yells and screams for no good reason. I am just about to go completely crazy!!! But so I don't feel like I'm just focusing on the bad, she is really sweet. She loves to snuggle, give hugs, and hold hands. She is her own little person, she can be so funny. She doesn't care what others do or say - she can hold her own. So I don't think she will ever get pushed around by anyone. But right now she just has some major middle child syndrome. Ben is doing so many new things and Grace is learning new things and just needs a lot of attention.

Grace is such a busy girl. She is such a happy baby that it makes her easy, but she is too busy to be easy. I love her smile. She crinkles her little nose and looks so cute. Compared to my other kids she is into everything. She will put anything and everything in her mouth. She is always munching on something. She rolled at 3 1/2 months, crawled at 5 months, and now she is standing by herself and is walking around between the furniture. I have a hard time leaving her with babysitters, because she everywhere. It's a good thing she is so cute.
I'm am very lucky to be their mom. Even if sometimes (OK maybe quite a bit) I'm grumpy. OK to be honest I have been under some stress and my poor kids have felt the effects. I need to adjust my attitude. Hopefully things will calm down (fantasy) or I will just try a little harder to be a patient, loving mom.
We are going through an exciting change in our family. We put our house up for sale and we are going to be moving. We are excited for the change. We are going to be moving to a rental when our home sales. The rental is a little small, but you can handle anything for a short time. We have loved our house and loved our neighborhood. It will be hard to leave, but the move will be exciting. We are going to build across the street from Bryce's parent. So we don't forget this house . . .

Comments

Megan J. Dawson said…
Grace looks like such a happy baby. I hope you sell your house quick! It's a beautiful home.
Jennica said…
Yay for Erin! I'm so happy you blogged. Fun stuff. That picture of Abby was super cute.
Precious Cargo said…
Erin I check your blog everyday, ya thats how cool I am, so always know that I will always read it. Good luck on the house selling and the primary program was amazing, way cute kids too!!!!
Laurie said…
Cute house, Erin!!
Shiree said…
I am glad to hear that such a nice person as you has been grumpy with your kids lately. You know, it makes me feel better. :) I love your bedroom. It makes me want to paint mine. Good luck with all of the moving and building!