5 Years old - already

My little boy turned five last month. I can't believe how fast time goes by. We had a great day for his birthday. It was fun to have his birthday on a Saturday because Bryce was home all day.
We let Ben open his presents first thing in the morning.


He loved having all day to play with his gifts. He got a candy machine (a gumball machine that we had to substitute with skittles) He love just turning the wheel and candy would roll out. What a dream for a little kid. A few weeks before he had tried to make his own candy machine with a mason jar and a plastic cup. The mason jar had the plastic cup taped to the opening and then the plastic cup had a hole cut out that was attached to a popsicle stick. When you pulled the popsicle stick it opened the hole and let the candy fall out of the mason jar. It worked for a few days, but a plastic cup just never holds up very long. So he was so excited to have a real working candy machine that just dropped candy.

He also got a remote control 4 wheeler. That we had to go try out. We all had fun watching him figure out how to work the remote. He had a lot of fun outside trying to play a trick on our neighbors by driving it into their driveway and no one was driving the car. (he thought that they would never know what was going on - he thought it was so funny). Then he made a jump for his 4 wheeler and thought it was great.
Then that night we had our families over for cake and icecream. Ben decided how to decorate his own cake. He wanted to have a baseball bat and ball and write "Ben is 5". So we made it as close to his wish as we could.

He got a scooter from his grandparents and loved it. He was riding it all over that night. He thinks its great.

Then the next week we let Ben have a friend birthday party. He has been planning his party since his cousins Jed birthday in January. He knew that his birthday is in the summer when it is hot, so he wanted a boating party. He invited Jed, Dalton, and Logan. He was so excited to go play on the beach.
The boys had a lot of fun. That each had a chance to ride in the boat and on the tube. Ben loved to ride on the boat. He thought it was fun.

Ben was a little more nervous to ride on the tube than anyone else. He loves the water, but is a little nervous that he might go underwater. So he was a little nervous on the tube. This was the best picture I could get because he wasn't super happy that we made him ride on the tube. Bryce said he would laugh because it was fun, but then he would whine because he was mad. So I'm not sure if he decided if he liked it or not.


Then we had a little dinner and of course a cake (or cupcakes). Ben and Abby decorated each cupcake and were very excited to share.
Ben loved his party and I think each of the boys had a good time. We were so glad that we were able to take out Bryce's parents boat and all have a great time. I can't believe that it has already been 5 years. Time goes by so fast. I hope that each of my children will look back on their childhood and love all these fun times we had together. I know that I will always love this stage of my life (especially when I forget about all the nights I don't sleep) It really is great.

Comments

Megan J. Dawson said…
looks like a fun birthday! Ben's so big! My Abby has that same swimming suit. I think we (or the Abbys) may have the same taste in clothes, I've seen them have several of the same things!
rupee40 said…
I really have such a hard time believing he is 5 already!! I remember when he was born like it was yesterday. Happy Birthday buddy! Wish we could've been there to celebrate with you! Gavin misses you and he can say Ben now, we've been practicing.
Shannon said…
I can't believe Ben is five either. Time flys. He is such a good little boy and I love him to pieces.
Ty and Ber said…
It is amazing how fast they grow up. Seriously, didn't we just graduate from HS?
Looks like Ben had a great birthday.
The Goodrich's said…
I love the cake, and love that Ben is so specific about what he wants! Happy Birthday Benny, we love you! This will be my second summer without going out on the boat so I'm getting very jealous of all you guys who live close!
Angie said…
Ben is so cute. I love what he wanted on his cake. How fun for him to go boating with his friends to celebrate.
Happy birthday Ben- what a fun birthday party!
Stephanie said…
The boys had so much fun on the boat and at the beach. You and Bryce do such fun things for you kids- you are great parents.