4th of July

I love the 4th of July. My kids are getting old enough to get excited for all the days festivals. It has become a great tradition for us.
Our 4th of July started with the baby show. Grace and her cousin Tessa were in the 0-6 month category. It was a lot of fun to have both of them together. (It's a little awkward to stand in front of the whole group by yourself - not my favorite thing)


Gracie won the biggest eyes, which is so perfect, look at those beautiful eyes ...

Tessa won the Little Miss. Isn't she a babe? Her and Grace look so cute together.

The dinner on the third of July is always a lot of fun. My kids just have fun playing with their cousins. Abby even joined the crowd and danced to the music.
But I think my kids favorite thing is always the popsicles.
Grace had a great time. She even learned that she could get up on her hands and knees.Then that night we went home to finish Ben's bike and Abby's wagon for the parade. It was our first kids parade and Ben was so excited to work on his bike. It turned out great.

During the parade Ben's wheel kept falling off his bike, so they were they very last of the kids bike. I was getting really worried that they hated it and wouldn't finish. But by the time they finally made it to us they were still enjoying it. But decided to stop to sit and watch the rest of the parade, mostly because it was right behind them. I mean they were really really far in the back.


We have the best spot to watch the parade and our kids always come home with so much candy. They love to sit with their cousins at the parade at grandma and grandpas.

Then what could be better than a whole bunch of kids game where you win prizes every time. They loved walking around and playing the kids game this year. We still haven't worked up the nerve to play with the big blow up toys, but I am totally OK with my kids not jumping around and waiting in line with a hundred other kids. I am content to wait that one out.
Then after all the games we get to go sit and relax in the shade and eat lunch - my Navajo Taco. It is the best. Our kids get to play with their cousins and eat candy. What a life.



Bryce did want to have Ben try the fish scramble, but this was as close as Ben got. He went over all excited and it took a while to get it all set up and the crowd was crazy well it totally turned Ben off and he wanted nothing to do with it. (Can't say I blame him - another one I am OK waiting for a few years on - no need to rush and jump in with the half dead fish and dozen of other kids) But my favorite part of the day is fireworks. We have front row seating at our house and the kids love to have Bryce put on a little firework show before the big event. We have really enjoyed watching the fireworks.

Comments

Stephanie said…
So fun. Isn't it crazy that all that excitement fits into just a couple of days! I like the picture of Abby and her glasses- funny girl.
Shannon said…
I love the pictures. You kids are so sweet!
Jennica said…
So you totally made me realize how much I missed the 4th. I didn't know your kids rode in the parade. Next year we are so not missing it.