What a month
After our great trip to Kentucky we jumped right back into it.
The next day I decided that Grace would have a good nap and I decided to give Ben and Abby haircuts. Which is not a big deal for Ben since his hair grows so fast he gets a haircut every few weeks. But this was huge for Abby, well me actually. I finally got up the nerve to cut her hair. This was her first haircut. I kept putting it off because it really didn't look bad it just needed a little trim to cut off the baby hair. So I finally decided I could do it.
This is before I cut it. A little wild, but you can tell how long it was.


This is after. I couldn't believe what a difference it made. It makes her hair so much easier to do. And unless you look close it looks good. (its a little uneven)
Tball is still going. We have had games every Monday and Wednesday. Ben loves it. He is always very excited to go to his games. The team is getting better as the season goes on. They just get a little distracted at times. When they sit on the bench to bat they slide down the bench until they are pushed right next to each other (kinda like corners in a car). Then when a player goes up to bat they all chant that players name. A few of them think its funny to wear the batters helmet backwards. Ben actually takes it pretty seriously. He tries really hard to stay focused. It has been so fun to watch them. Ben loves to hit and run around.
We are lucky to live so close to our family to have them come watch Ben and his cousin Jed
This is Abby wearing Ben's hat cheering him on.
If you ask Ben his favorite thing about Tball it's running the bases. A few years back Bryce decided to run in his first race ever, a marathon. (he doesn't do things half hearted) He has participated in the marathon every year but one since. This year was no different. He ran the half marathon. He ran it in less than 2 hours, which was his goal this year. Which was great, especially because he didn't have a lot of time to train. I was so happy he did so well, because his morning didn't get off to the best start. Considering that I woke him up 5 minutes before he was supposed to be in Ogden. He must have slept through his alarm. So he got to the start line 4 minutes before the race was starting. But it didn't bother him, so WAY TO GO!! But since Bryce has been running, Ben wanted to run with him. So Ben ran with Bryce in the Kids K. After Bryce finished we met him in Ogden and Ben and Bryce lined up at the start line and ran Ben's race. Ben was so excited. Bryce said he only wanted to slow down two or three times and each time it was only for a few seconds. Ben finished and loved it. He got a cow bell and wants to do it again.
Bryce and Ben before the race

Ben towards the end of the race, he was still loving it. He smiled the whole time and was waving as soon as he saw us.
This is them crossing the finish line. I was so proud of both of them.
This is them after we found them after the race. There is so many people it took us a while to find them and it made Abby a little worried. She is a daddy's girl.
Kinda a terrible movie, but I was trying to take a movie and a picture (with the same camera) - not very easy.
After a great year in preschool Ben had his graduation. He loves school. He loves to write letters and he is always making cards and writing letters to people. When I go grocery shopping he always writes the list. He can write the name of each member of our family and I love you, with out any help. He also loves to read. He doesn't know how to read yet, but he will memorize books and read them outloud to Abby. He just started learning how to add. He loves it when Bryce and I ask him what 1+1 = or anything like that (as long as the total is under 10 (he uses his fingers now). He just loves anything that involves learning, reading, or anything like that.

This is Ben at his graduation. His teachers were Ms. Dixie (in the yellow) and Mrs. Ellis.
This is Ben giving his part "I've had ups..." he did a great job and spoke very clear.

Ben with his friends. From left to right his cousin Jed Hurd, Hunter Taylor, and Ben
Our family at graduation. Grace was very unimpressed and fell asleep in Bryce's arms.

For Memorial Day weekend we went to Bear Lake. Abby got carsick on the way there, luckily it was in the canyon on the way into Garden City. Poor girl was so sad. But once we got there you would never have known anything was wrong. Her cousin Chloe was there and they were running around before you knew it. The weather wasn't great the whole time, but who cares when you have a nice cabin to stay in.
Saturday morning was a little cool, but with a jacket the girls had fun playing outside. 
Ben got to go golfing with Lynn and Bryce. I didn't know how long he would think it was fun, but he went all 9 holes. It was busy so when they had to wait for the group in front of them he got to hit the golf ball around.

Then we came home on Sunday night to go to Dinosaur Park with my family on Monday.
My kids love Dinosaur Park. They go there a few times every year and never get tired of it. They were so excited to go. While we are there we usually spend as much time at the park as we do looking at the dinosaurs, but they are so happy.
This is a pretty big slide, but that only makes Abby more excited. She would go pretty fast. So you have to be there to help her at the bottom. 


This is a picture of Abby trying to get Matt's attention. She thought she was so funny. She would run inside this cave and then wait for Matt to scare her. Then she would yell and laugh. She was Matt's best friend.


Ben, Jed, and Gage in front of a dinosaur
Abby didn't want to sit by the boys, so she had to have her own picture with her dad.
Abby and her uncle Matt, which she adores. She thinks he is the best!!! He really is so great with all the kids.
Ben's favorite thing right now is to get his picture taken. He ran around telling me to take his picture. So he was really excited to have his picture taken at the places set up to take pictures. He went around to each one before anyone else was there to get his picture taken. But this was my favorite even if Jed didn't want to stay in the picture.
We had a great time at Dinosaur Park with the family. My kids love to play with their cousins.
Just a funny story:
Ben and Jed were playing yesterday and Abby said something and
Jed said, "What did she say I didn't understand"
Ben, " She talks different than you and me Jed"
Jed, "Oh she uses sister language"
Ben, "Yah, so we can't understand her"
So I'm hoping when Grace talks she uses sister language too, so someone can talk to Abby. It was so funny.
So with all this to do and raising three kids I decided I didn't have enough going on and decided to take on my 10 year reunion. Starting last fall the meetings started. We meet and decided to have the reunion early in the summer so we didn't have to worry about it all summer. Which was a great idea. So this weekend it is finally here. My 10 year reunion. We have spent a lot of time on finding people (a lot of time - and still missed more than I would have liked, but what can you do). Then the planning was fairly easy. We have had to get a few things together and I did a movie, which is my first (hope it works). But all in all it wasn't that bad. And I am excited to see some friends that I haven't seen in a long time. I am glad I had so much help and even more glad to have it over. So hopefully it all goes well.
Like I said a busy, crazy month. But we are glad that we have so much to do to keep the kids busy. They have loved it.
The next day I decided that Grace would have a good nap and I decided to give Ben and Abby haircuts. Which is not a big deal for Ben since his hair grows so fast he gets a haircut every few weeks. But this was huge for Abby, well me actually. I finally got up the nerve to cut her hair. This was her first haircut. I kept putting it off because it really didn't look bad it just needed a little trim to cut off the baby hair. So I finally decided I could do it.
This is after. I couldn't believe what a difference it made. It makes her hair so much easier to do. And unless you look close it looks good. (its a little uneven)
Tball is still going. We have had games every Monday and Wednesday. Ben loves it. He is always very excited to go to his games. The team is getting better as the season goes on. They just get a little distracted at times. When they sit on the bench to bat they slide down the bench until they are pushed right next to each other (kinda like corners in a car). Then when a player goes up to bat they all chant that players name. A few of them think its funny to wear the batters helmet backwards. Ben actually takes it pretty seriously. He tries really hard to stay focused. It has been so fun to watch them. Ben loves to hit and run around.
Ben towards the end of the race, he was still loving it. He smiled the whole time and was waving as soon as he saw us.
Kinda a terrible movie, but I was trying to take a movie and a picture (with the same camera) - not very easy.
After a great year in preschool Ben had his graduation. He loves school. He loves to write letters and he is always making cards and writing letters to people. When I go grocery shopping he always writes the list. He can write the name of each member of our family and I love you, with out any help. He also loves to read. He doesn't know how to read yet, but he will memorize books and read them outloud to Abby. He just started learning how to add. He loves it when Bryce and I ask him what 1+1 = or anything like that (as long as the total is under 10 (he uses his fingers now). He just loves anything that involves learning, reading, or anything like that.
This is Ben at his graduation. His teachers were Ms. Dixie (in the yellow) and Mrs. Ellis.
This is Ben giving his part "I've had ups..." he did a great job and spoke very clear.
Ben with his friends. From left to right his cousin Jed Hurd, Hunter Taylor, and Ben
Our family at graduation. Grace was very unimpressed and fell asleep in Bryce's arms.
For Memorial Day weekend we went to Bear Lake. Abby got carsick on the way there, luckily it was in the canyon on the way into Garden City. Poor girl was so sad. But once we got there you would never have known anything was wrong. Her cousin Chloe was there and they were running around before you knew it. The weather wasn't great the whole time, but who cares when you have a nice cabin to stay in.
Ben got to go golfing with Lynn and Bryce. I didn't know how long he would think it was fun, but he went all 9 holes. It was busy so when they had to wait for the group in front of them he got to hit the golf ball around.
My kids love Dinosaur Park. They go there a few times every year and never get tired of it. They were so excited to go. While we are there we usually spend as much time at the park as we do looking at the dinosaurs, but they are so happy.
We had a great time at Dinosaur Park with the family. My kids love to play with their cousins.
Just a funny story:
Ben and Jed were playing yesterday and Abby said something and
Jed said, "What did she say I didn't understand"
Ben, " She talks different than you and me Jed"
Jed, "Oh she uses sister language"
Ben, "Yah, so we can't understand her"
So I'm hoping when Grace talks she uses sister language too, so someone can talk to Abby. It was so funny.
So with all this to do and raising three kids I decided I didn't have enough going on and decided to take on my 10 year reunion. Starting last fall the meetings started. We meet and decided to have the reunion early in the summer so we didn't have to worry about it all summer. Which was a great idea. So this weekend it is finally here. My 10 year reunion. We have spent a lot of time on finding people (a lot of time - and still missed more than I would have liked, but what can you do). Then the planning was fairly easy. We have had to get a few things together and I did a movie, which is my first (hope it works). But all in all it wasn't that bad. And I am excited to see some friends that I haven't seen in a long time. I am glad I had so much help and even more glad to have it over. So hopefully it all goes well.
Like I said a busy, crazy month. But we are glad that we have so much to do to keep the kids busy. They have loved it.
Comments
You guys have been super busy but it sounds like you have had a fun time.
PS. Nice job with all the reunion stuff, it was fun.