I love April

Besides being my birthday month - I just love the month April. It means spring, playing outside, baseball, conference, and my birthday. All things I love.

For conference we went to Bear Lake and enjoyed the very relaxed atmosphere. It was great. I really enjoyed the talks. Since having Grace I've been having a hard time getting back into it. My time is more stretched and I have just probably been slacking a little. So it was good to have a refresher and gave me the desire to try a little harder.

Then on Easter Steph and Joe blessed their daughter Corinne. Their church was early our kids waited to find their Easter baskets. They were very patient. But they were so excited to get home and find their baskets. Then they had to search around the house for their eggs to fill their baskets. In their baskets Ben got a lego set, which he loves to work on. And Abby got her new backpack. She walked all around the house with it on.

This picture is Abby at the Easter egg hunt at her grandparents house, but I thought it was so adorable. I think she was actually a little worried about the dog taking something out of her basket, but it is so cute of her with Diesel (the dog).


This video is just funny. Abby had a hard time reaching her egg. I only caught the last of it, but she had been trying for quite a while to get this egg.

Then the next Sunday we blessed Grace. She looked so beautiful. I was so thankful to my Mother in law for making her dress. It was amazing.

Grace was so good. She slept all during sacrament, which is what you always hope for. And Bryce gave such a beutiful blessing. It was such a great meeting.

Then our family came over for lunch and the kids enjoyed playing outside and enjoyed the nice weather.

For my birthday we took our kids to Fat Cats and went bowling and ate pizza. The kids loved it. So did I, they were so much fun. We had a blast.

Ben would get so excited for anyone anytime a single pin would fall. He was jumping up and down. It was a great night together as a family.

Then today Ben planned a birthday party for me. He called all of our family and invited them over. I told him the numbers to dial and he called everyone and told them about the party. He was so worried about my birthday party. Then he decided what kind of cake we were going to have. It was such an awful looking cake, but Ben wanted me to decorate it with a princess and a castle. So anyway you can decide for yourself.
I had to free hand that beautiful princess, so it was lovely (I've always hated art)

Then Bryce's grandma gave me Wac a Mole for my birthday - it was a hit. All the kids had such a great time playing. (good job Nancie - Sorry for the extra trip into town)
This is a picture of Grace and Corinne. They both were ready for bed, but aren't they cute.


So Abby knows she is a princess. If we call her anything else she will correct us. The other day she was dancing around and Bryce called her a ballerina. She got go serious and said, "I'm not a ballerina - I'm a Princess" So today I bought her new pj's and she loved them. She was so excited to put them on and she just kept looking down at them at smiling. So these pj's were perfect. She was so excited.

So all in all April was a great month. We had a lot of fun.
By the way Bryce gave me a new camera for my birthday - I love it. He did great. Thanks Bryce.

Comments

lynn moyes said…
Ben, You are a great joke teller and Abby you really are a little princess!
Anonymous said…
I love Bens jokes they made us all laugh. And Abby is just to cute she is such a cute princess. Sounds like you had a great B-Day. Love ya all.
Kenzie
The Goodrich's said…
Cute little Abby...we also have our own princess. Each day she chooses which princess she is going to be. We haven't figured out where she got her obsession-maybe it was Abby!

And Happy Birthday Erin! You should be getting a card soon, although it's a few days late...
rupee40 said…
Ha ha ha, I could listen to Ben tell those jokes over and over! What a funny kid. Grace looked so beautiful on her blessing day. Sounds like you had a great month. Glad to see you had a happy birthday! Your cake looked great!
Shiree said…
I am LOVING your cake, Erin! It reminded me of a time when we made a cake and spelled the words wrong..Do you remember that? So fun.
Shannon said…
That entire post was great. I loved the videos and that picture of Corinne and Grace is adorable. I forget how big they are getting. The picture of Grace in her blessing dress is so sweet. Kay did a great job!
Yes, it seemed like you had a very good April and Happy Birthday too! Grace looks beautiful in her outfit- we just blessed my baby today. Its such a great special day. Your little daughter Abby is adorable and so cute- little girls always like to be princess.