Just Waiting and Waiting
As for an update on our family. I am still very pregnant. And just waiting and waiting to deliver. I actually am due on Feb. 9th, but I am ready at any time. The last couple of weeks has been a little long. I have been having false labor pain, which is just so unfair, it just toys with ones emotions. I went to the doctor and not a single thing is happening. So I just have to smile and act like I'm not totally annoyed that I'm not in labor. Anyway as you can tell I'm not very good at pretending. So for now I am counting down the days.
My kids are actually really excited. Last weekend they went to the cabin with their grandparents. (while Bryce and I stayed home - just in case) Ben kept asking if the baby would be home when he got home. He is excited to meet the new baby.
Abby has no idea what is coming. The only thing she realizes is that she got moved out of her room to share with Ben. But that is a good thing to her. She wasn't sleeping the other night and during the middle of the night I threatened to put her back in her crib. She just started crying and told me "no, baby bunk bed, my bunk bed" and pointed to her bed. (I have no idea why she calls them bunk beds, we don't even have bunk beds)
They have actually been pretty good sharing a room. The first week they shared when they would wake up they wouldn't get out of bed till the other was awake. When Abby woke up she kept trying to wake up Ben really quietly so I wouldn't hear her. Then I would have to tell her to let Ben sleep so she would lay back down, then within a minute I could hear her whisper to Ben again. But if I asked her to leave her room she would cry and say Ben's name over and over. When Ben woke up he was trying to wake up Abby and I told him not to wake up her up and he told me it was just too boring without her.
The other fun thing my kids have enjoyed is at the first of the year we made a Family Home Evening Chart and the kids have each had a turn to teach the lesson. I wasn't sure how Abby would do, but she was excited to help. We told the story of Noah with her tub boat and animals. She held them up so we could see then would put the animals in the boat. It was so cute. Then last night Ben had the game and he did the whole game. I really didn't think it would work, but he did a great job. He decided he wanted to play BINGO. So I printed a paper with some boxes and cut some paper up for the calling cards. Then the rest he wanted to do himself. So when we sat down to play and I realized that he had written letters on each calling card and then took those same letters and wrote only those letters on our playing cards I was so impressed. We all won at the same time because he used the exact same letters and we had to black out our card, but he did it all by himself. I was so proud of him. He even decided by himself that for the markers it would be fun if we used chocolate chips. So of course we let him. It was so cute.
So things here are good. Hopefully I just wont be home too much longer.
My kids are actually really excited. Last weekend they went to the cabin with their grandparents. (while Bryce and I stayed home - just in case) Ben kept asking if the baby would be home when he got home. He is excited to meet the new baby.
Abby has no idea what is coming. The only thing she realizes is that she got moved out of her room to share with Ben. But that is a good thing to her. She wasn't sleeping the other night and during the middle of the night I threatened to put her back in her crib. She just started crying and told me "no, baby bunk bed, my bunk bed" and pointed to her bed. (I have no idea why she calls them bunk beds, we don't even have bunk beds)
They have actually been pretty good sharing a room. The first week they shared when they would wake up they wouldn't get out of bed till the other was awake. When Abby woke up she kept trying to wake up Ben really quietly so I wouldn't hear her. Then I would have to tell her to let Ben sleep so she would lay back down, then within a minute I could hear her whisper to Ben again. But if I asked her to leave her room she would cry and say Ben's name over and over. When Ben woke up he was trying to wake up Abby and I told him not to wake up her up and he told me it was just too boring without her.
The other fun thing my kids have enjoyed is at the first of the year we made a Family Home Evening Chart and the kids have each had a turn to teach the lesson. I wasn't sure how Abby would do, but she was excited to help. We told the story of Noah with her tub boat and animals. She held them up so we could see then would put the animals in the boat. It was so cute. Then last night Ben had the game and he did the whole game. I really didn't think it would work, but he did a great job. He decided he wanted to play BINGO. So I printed a paper with some boxes and cut some paper up for the calling cards. Then the rest he wanted to do himself. So when we sat down to play and I realized that he had written letters on each calling card and then took those same letters and wrote only those letters on our playing cards I was so impressed. We all won at the same time because he used the exact same letters and we had to black out our card, but he did it all by himself. I was so proud of him. He even decided by himself that for the markers it would be fun if we used chocolate chips. So of course we let him. It was so cute.
So things here are good. Hopefully I just wont be home too much longer.
Comments
Way cute about the whole FHE thing. Way to go Ben.
Way cute on the FHE-my boys love FHE night too and want to have it everynight!