The funny things kids say

Tonight I was putting Ben to sleep and I gave him a hug and of course my belly was in the way.
Ben said, "I can tell the baby's getting bigger."
I asked, "How can you tell."
Ben "Because your getting bigger everyday."
So I told him that the baby had to be this big so she would be healthy and we could bring her home to live with us.
Ben said "Well aren't you going to pop."
This is one of the few times when I thought it was so funny that people remind me how big I am (trust me I am well aware.) So I told him that I wouldn't pop, but that the baby will come when she gets big enough. He is still a little worried about how the baby will get here, but I just tried to make light of the fact that the doctor will take care of it at the hospital.
He was worried that the doctor would have to take off my belly to get the baby.
But he was feeling better after I told him the doctor wouldn't have to take off my belly. And I would be OK.
Anyway I am getting ready to get this baby out too. Luckily not to much longer.

Comments

The Goodrich's said…
We can't wait to meet her and Erin, we think you look wonderful! See you Saturday!
you guys seem to be doing so well!! I can't believe how big ben and abby have gotten! I am so excited for your family to have a new little one.. congrats we love you guys.
I have the same feelings- when is your due date? My older boy will kiss my belly and tells me he loves the baby all the time. Good luck!
Erin M said…
My due date is Feb. 9th.
Erin said…
Ben is so funny. Kids do say the funniest things.
rupee40 said…
That is funny! I think you look great, but I bet you just can't wait. I can't either, it's going to be so hard for me to not be able to see her right away!
Sidney Cottle said…
How cute!! I think it's sweet he's so concerned how the baby is going to get out of YOU. I can't wait to see pictures of her when you have her. Have you picked any names yet?
Ty and Ber said…
I love it. I think it is great how kids try to make sense of everything.

Good luck!!
Jake and Alayna said…
You do not look like you're going to pop! And you really aren't that big! Ben's so cute! You'll have to tell him that story when he's older, he'll get a kick out of it!