I love this time of year

We have been so busy. We have had plenty to keep us busy. With our Christmas parties, mutual, meetings, we also had Jen's college graduation (Congratulations!!), we have been doing a really great 12 days of Christmas with our kids (Thanks to my clever and crafty sister Ali), decorating for Christmas, making treats, and well you know the list goes on. But my kids have never been so excited.

Everything about Christmas is exciting to me. At the first of the month we decorated the tree. I have to say our tree is not super pretty. We let our kids hang the decorations by themselves and the bottom of the tree has quite a few decorations and the top of the tree we had to steal a couple to make sure it looked somewhat even. But my kids thought it was the best thing ever.


Also this year I let my kids try to dip pretzels for a party. It was so funny to see them dip the pretzels. They loved it. But more they loved to eat them. It was a little messy, but not as bad as I had imagined.


Ben has watched the Polar Express at least 5 or 6 times. (one week it was four times in four days) He says it's his favorite movie and we don't have it. So it is one of the only gifts he has asked Santa for. The other night we watched it as a family and he doesn't even move. He gets so excited.



But my kids favorite new tradition this year is the "Elf on the Shelf" book. It is a book that comes with a Christmas Elf that hides in a new place every morning after visiting Santa at the North Pole and giving Santa a report on if my kids have been naughty or nice. My kids are running around the house first thing in the morning to find our Christmas Elf - Cled. Abby throughout the day will go into the room where Cled is and just talk to him and tell him "I a good girl". She is a little bit of a suck up. When Cled was in her room one morning she couldn't control her excitement. She was in her room all day. Ben loves him too. He will ask Cled questions then tell me what Cled said. This morning when Ben said his morning prayers he asked a blessing that we might be good today and that Cled would see us being good. I mean this is very serious to make sure he gets a good report to Santa. Yes my kids have fallen in love with our Elf Cled. It has been so much fun.



This really is my favorite time of year. I love it. So Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!

Comments

The Goodrich's said…
I think your tree looked great! Also, your family picture turned out so great.
Megan J. Dawson said…
Elf on the shelf sounds like a fun idea! I've seen the book but I didn't know what it was about. Well I meant to tell you last Sunday, but my kids were being a little wild we had to get out early, but Abby and Ben are so cute! And you look so good, I can't believe your baby is going to be here so soon!
Very cute family picture and you don't even look pregnant! YOu look great and fun traditions- i might still the idea of the Elf next year.
Merry Christmas to you!
Irene said…
Elf on the shelf is such a cute idea!! How old is Abby? I wonder if Owen would understand the concept. I'll have to think about doing that one year. When are you due again? You look great!
Shiree said…
I love that you say Abby is a suck-up. That is just funny....
Ty and Ber said…
Looks like they had fun helping with the prezels. What a cute family picture!
Jake and Alayna said…
The kids did an awesome job decorating your tree! Isn't Christmas so much more fun now that our kids are old enough to really enjoy it!? I love this time of year!
Sidney Cottle said…
Thanks for sending me the right address....I'm so lame. I love The Polar Express too (as do my kids) and it was on TV ALL the time this Christmas.

Where did you get that Elf on the Shelf book? That sounds so fun! I'd love to do it with my kids next year. Will you let me know?!
Mother Bird said…
Erin, your family picture is so cute. I can't get over how big Abby is getting. For some reason I see Ben but I haven't seen Abby in a while and she's really grown up. Well, you have a darling family! I know a couple of pretty happy grandmas that love to brag about their grandkids.